NewVIc to launch new ‘Professionals’ vocational course
- Credit: Archant
A sixth form college in Plaistow is launching a vocational course which aims to catapult students into their chosen profession through industry experience.
The new ‘Professionals’ programme at NewVIc in Prince Regent Lane, is tailored for students who have a clear idea of their future career and also offers class study and career development.
Its official launch will take place on Saturday at NewVIc’s open day event where local businesses will be on hand to offer advice to students who are interested in the course.
Lisa Parkhomchuk, NewVIc’s associate principal (vocational education), said: “It’s unlike any other course we offer.
“What makes this course unique is the amount of hands-on industry experience students receive.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of our students now want tangible practical experience which will make them more desirable to employers as well as universities.”
The NewVIc open day is from 9.30am - 12.30pm.
For more information about NewVIc visit newvic.ac.uk
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 7 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 8 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Deputy chairperson of Newham Council suspended by Labour Party