NewVIc to launch new ‘Professionals’ vocational course
- Credit: Archant
A sixth form college in Plaistow is launching a vocational course which aims to catapult students into their chosen profession through industry experience.
The new ‘Professionals’ programme at NewVIc in Prince Regent Lane, is tailored for students who have a clear idea of their future career and also offers class study and career development.
Its official launch will take place on Saturday at NewVIc’s open day event where local businesses will be on hand to offer advice to students who are interested in the course.
Lisa Parkhomchuk, NewVIc’s associate principal (vocational education), said: “It’s unlike any other course we offer.
“What makes this course unique is the amount of hands-on industry experience students receive.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of our students now want tangible practical experience which will make them more desirable to employers as well as universities.”
The NewVIc open day is from 9.30am - 12.30pm.
For more information about NewVIc visit newvic.ac.uk
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham