NewVIc to launch new ‘Professionals’ vocational course
- Credit: Archant
A sixth form college in Plaistow is launching a vocational course which aims to catapult students into their chosen profession through industry experience.
The new ‘Professionals’ programme at NewVIc in Prince Regent Lane, is tailored for students who have a clear idea of their future career and also offers class study and career development.
Its official launch will take place on Saturday at NewVIc’s open day event where local businesses will be on hand to offer advice to students who are interested in the course.
Lisa Parkhomchuk, NewVIc’s associate principal (vocational education), said: “It’s unlike any other course we offer.
“What makes this course unique is the amount of hands-on industry experience students receive.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of our students now want tangible practical experience which will make them more desirable to employers as well as universities.”
The NewVIc open day is from 9.30am - 12.30pm.
For more information about NewVIc visit newvic.ac.uk
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking