NewVIc principal’s delight at Ofsted inspection rating
- Credit: Annabelle Shillingford
The principal of NewVIc has said he is “delighted” the college has received a ‘good’ rating by Ofsted.
Inspectors who visited the Prince Regent Lane college in October found that its students “enjoy learning, are ambitious, and develop good learning and team working skills”.
The report, released last week, also found that the college supports its 2,500 students to progress to higher education using a variety of routes.
It praised the staff for meeting the needs of students and commented on good behaviour in both classrooms and social areas.
The report also remarked on the college’s diversity, saying “students from different backgrounds and cultures work together harmoniously and show respect for each other’s feelings and beliefs.”
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Playfair, the college’s principal, said: “NewVIc has an exceptional track record in preparing young people for university and employment.
“We are delighted that this success has been recognised by inspectors.”
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 4 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 5 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing