NewVIc principal’s delight at Ofsted inspection rating
- Credit: Annabelle Shillingford
The principal of NewVIc has said he is “delighted” the college has received a ‘good’ rating by Ofsted.
Inspectors who visited the Prince Regent Lane college in October found that its students “enjoy learning, are ambitious, and develop good learning and team working skills”.
The report, released last week, also found that the college supports its 2,500 students to progress to higher education using a variety of routes.
It praised the staff for meeting the needs of students and commented on good behaviour in both classrooms and social areas.
The report also remarked on the college’s diversity, saying “students from different backgrounds and cultures work together harmoniously and show respect for each other’s feelings and beliefs.”
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Playfair, the college’s principal, said: “NewVIc has an exceptional track record in preparing young people for university and employment.
“We are delighted that this success has been recognised by inspectors.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley