NewVIc principal’s delight at Ofsted inspection rating
- Credit: Annabelle Shillingford
The principal of NewVIc has said he is “delighted” the college has received a ‘good’ rating by Ofsted.
Inspectors who visited the Prince Regent Lane college in October found that its students “enjoy learning, are ambitious, and develop good learning and team working skills”.
The report, released last week, also found that the college supports its 2,500 students to progress to higher education using a variety of routes.
It praised the staff for meeting the needs of students and commented on good behaviour in both classrooms and social areas.
The report also remarked on the college’s diversity, saying “students from different backgrounds and cultures work together harmoniously and show respect for each other’s feelings and beliefs.”
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Playfair, the college’s principal, said: “NewVIc has an exceptional track record in preparing young people for university and employment.
“We are delighted that this success has been recognised by inspectors.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash