NewVIc principal’s delight at Ofsted inspection rating
- Credit: Annabelle Shillingford
The principal of NewVIc has said he is “delighted” the college has received a ‘good’ rating by Ofsted.
Inspectors who visited the Prince Regent Lane college in October found that its students “enjoy learning, are ambitious, and develop good learning and team working skills”.
The report, released last week, also found that the college supports its 2,500 students to progress to higher education using a variety of routes.
It praised the staff for meeting the needs of students and commented on good behaviour in both classrooms and social areas.
The report also remarked on the college’s diversity, saying “students from different backgrounds and cultures work together harmoniously and show respect for each other’s feelings and beliefs.”
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Playfair, the college’s principal, said: “NewVIc has an exceptional track record in preparing young people for university and employment.
“We are delighted that this success has been recognised by inspectors.”
- 1 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 2 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 3 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 6 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 7 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 9 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton