New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- Credit: Google
Law students from Newham can get a scholarship to a top university thanks to a new partnership.
A £1,000 scholarship will be available to one Newham Sixth Form College (NewVIc) student each year who goes on to study at The University of Law.
Students will get priority access to study sessions with leading university professors and gain real-life legal experience.
They will also be supported with career and higher education progression.
The five-year partnership aims to support students with academic potential from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds by inspiring and engaging them to look at pathways into law.
You may also want to watch:
NewVIc vice principal Magdalena Johnson said: "Each year many of our students progress onto higher education to study law.
“We are absolutely delighted to be working with the University of Law to help more young people to follow their aspirations."
- 1 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 2 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 3 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 4 Newham council tax hike a step closer as mayor accuses government of breaking Covid-19 funding promise
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton 'frustrated' with late penalty which led to Bradford defeat
- 7 Leyton Orient slip down the table after late defeat to Bradford City
- 8 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 9 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 10 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe