New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- Credit: Google
Law students from Newham can get a scholarship to a top university thanks to a new partnership.
A £1,000 scholarship will be available to one Newham Sixth Form College (NewVIc) student each year who goes on to study at The University of Law.
Students will get priority access to study sessions with leading university professors and gain real-life legal experience.
They will also be supported with career and higher education progression.
The five-year partnership aims to support students with academic potential from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds by inspiring and engaging them to look at pathways into law.
You may also want to watch:
NewVIc vice principal Magdalena Johnson said: "Each year many of our students progress onto higher education to study law.
“We are absolutely delighted to be working with the University of Law to help more young people to follow their aspirations."
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election