Newham Sixth Form College celebrated during annual awards ceremony
The achievements of more than 130 students were celebrated during an annual awards evening coinciding with a college’s 20th anniversary this month.
Students, parents, staff and sponsors of Newham Sixth Form College gathered at Stratford Circus to recognise the students’ success and hard work over the last year.
Each student from the college in Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, was invited on to the stage to receive their prize from one of twenty-two sponsors.
Ellie Daly was among students receiving sports personality awards sponsored by the University of East London. The students were selected for their volunteering and coaching at the college and in the community.
Principal Eddie Playfair said: “Celebrating the successes and wider achievements of NewVIc students is always a highlight of the year. We’re all really proud of these young people and they have a lot to be proud of. They’ve excelled in their studies as well as serving their community in many different ways.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 500 NewVic students volunteer in the community, acting as peer mentors or ambassadors, sports leaders or coaches.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 3 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 7 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 8 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station