Newham Sixth Form College celebrated during annual awards ceremony
The achievements of more than 130 students were celebrated during an annual awards evening coinciding with a college’s 20th anniversary this month.
Students, parents, staff and sponsors of Newham Sixth Form College gathered at Stratford Circus to recognise the students’ success and hard work over the last year.
Each student from the college in Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, was invited on to the stage to receive their prize from one of twenty-two sponsors.
Ellie Daly was among students receiving sports personality awards sponsored by the University of East London. The students were selected for their volunteering and coaching at the college and in the community.
Principal Eddie Playfair said: “Celebrating the successes and wider achievements of NewVIc students is always a highlight of the year. We’re all really proud of these young people and they have a lot to be proud of. They’ve excelled in their studies as well as serving their community in many different ways.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 500 NewVic students volunteer in the community, acting as peer mentors or ambassadors, sports leaders or coaches.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season