Newham Sixth Form College celebrated during annual awards ceremony
The achievements of more than 130 students were celebrated during an annual awards evening coinciding with a college’s 20th anniversary this month.
Students, parents, staff and sponsors of Newham Sixth Form College gathered at Stratford Circus to recognise the students’ success and hard work over the last year.
Each student from the college in Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, was invited on to the stage to receive their prize from one of twenty-two sponsors.
Ellie Daly was among students receiving sports personality awards sponsored by the University of East London. The students were selected for their volunteering and coaching at the college and in the community.
Principal Eddie Playfair said: “Celebrating the successes and wider achievements of NewVIc students is always a highlight of the year. We’re all really proud of these young people and they have a lot to be proud of. They’ve excelled in their studies as well as serving their community in many different ways.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 500 NewVic students volunteer in the community, acting as peer mentors or ambassadors, sports leaders or coaches.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum