Newham Sixth Form College celebrated during annual awards ceremony
The achievements of more than 130 students were celebrated during an annual awards evening coinciding with a college’s 20th anniversary this month.
Students, parents, staff and sponsors of Newham Sixth Form College gathered at Stratford Circus to recognise the students’ success and hard work over the last year.
Each student from the college in Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, was invited on to the stage to receive their prize from one of twenty-two sponsors.
Ellie Daly was among students receiving sports personality awards sponsored by the University of East London. The students were selected for their volunteering and coaching at the college and in the community.
Principal Eddie Playfair said: “Celebrating the successes and wider achievements of NewVIc students is always a highlight of the year. We’re all really proud of these young people and they have a lot to be proud of. They’ve excelled in their studies as well as serving their community in many different ways.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 500 NewVic students volunteer in the community, acting as peer mentors or ambassadors, sports leaders or coaches.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber