Newham secondary school places allocated today
- Credit: Archant
Students and parents across the borough will find out if they’ve gotten into their first choice of secondary school today.
Forms were submitted in October with a list of six places, ranked in order of preference, of which schools pupils wanted to attend.
Today is results day – and parents of Year Six pupils will receive an email or letter informing them of their child’s future, for the next eight years at least.
Children who don’t get their preferred offer may appeal.
Last year, three quarters of Newham’s pupils received their first choice offer.
You may also want to watch:
Did your child get into their chosen school? Let us know by tweeting @newhamrecorder, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 020 8477 3789.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 9 Flying Hammers face testing week with games coming thick and fast
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work