Newham secondary school places allocated today
- Credit: Archant
Students and parents across the borough will find out if they’ve gotten into their first choice of secondary school today.
Forms were submitted in October with a list of six places, ranked in order of preference, of which schools pupils wanted to attend.
Today is results day – and parents of Year Six pupils will receive an email or letter informing them of their child’s future, for the next eight years at least.
Children who don’t get their preferred offer may appeal.
Last year, three quarters of Newham’s pupils received their first choice offer.
You may also want to watch:
Did your child get into their chosen school? Let us know by tweeting @newhamrecorder, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 020 8477 3789.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham