Newham secondary school places allocated today
- Credit: Archant
Students and parents across the borough will find out if they’ve gotten into their first choice of secondary school today.
Forms were submitted in October with a list of six places, ranked in order of preference, of which schools pupils wanted to attend.
Today is results day – and parents of Year Six pupils will receive an email or letter informing them of their child’s future, for the next eight years at least.
Children who don’t get their preferred offer may appeal.
Last year, three quarters of Newham’s pupils received their first choice offer.
You may also want to watch:
Did your child get into their chosen school? Let us know by tweeting @newhamrecorder, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 020 8477 3789.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel