Newham parents face disruption as teachers take strike action
Many parents will be experiencing disruption as teachers in the borough take part in a national strike today over pay and conditions.
The picture will however be a mixed one as some schools in Newham will be open while others are completely closed. The vast majority are expected to be partially closed which means some classes in schools will be run as normal while others will be closed.
In Newham 11 schools will be open. They are: Altmore Infants, Britannia Village, Earlham Primary, Eastlea Community, Edith Kerrison Nursery, Oliver Thomas Nursery, Rosetta Primary, Ronald Openshaw Nursery, St Antony’s RC Primary, St Helen’s Catholic Primary and West Ham Church Primary.
Another 33 will be closed while another 45 will be partiallly open.
Avenue Primary, Calverton Primary, Cumberland School and Dersingham Primary are among those that will be closed.
You may also want to watch:
Brampton Primary, Colegrave Primary, Forest Gate Primary and Lathom Junior are among the schools that will be partially open.
If you are a parent or a teacher let us know how the strike is affecting you, email email@example.com
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum