Newham parents face disruption as teachers take strike action
Many parents will be experiencing disruption as teachers in the borough take part in a national strike today over pay and conditions.
The picture will however be a mixed one as some schools in Newham will be open while others are completely closed. The vast majority are expected to be partially closed which means some classes in schools will be run as normal while others will be closed.
In Newham 11 schools will be open. They are: Altmore Infants, Britannia Village, Earlham Primary, Eastlea Community, Edith Kerrison Nursery, Oliver Thomas Nursery, Rosetta Primary, Ronald Openshaw Nursery, St Antony’s RC Primary, St Helen’s Catholic Primary and West Ham Church Primary.
Another 33 will be closed while another 45 will be partiallly open.
Avenue Primary, Calverton Primary, Cumberland School and Dersingham Primary are among those that will be closed.
You may also want to watch:
Brampton Primary, Colegrave Primary, Forest Gate Primary and Lathom Junior are among the schools that will be partially open.
If you are a parent or a teacher let us know how the strike is affecting you, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb