Newham parents face disruption as teachers take strike action
Many parents will be experiencing disruption as teachers in the borough take part in a national strike today over pay and conditions.
The picture will however be a mixed one as some schools in Newham will be open while others are completely closed. The vast majority are expected to be partially closed which means some classes in schools will be run as normal while others will be closed.
In Newham 11 schools will be open. They are: Altmore Infants, Britannia Village, Earlham Primary, Eastlea Community, Edith Kerrison Nursery, Oliver Thomas Nursery, Rosetta Primary, Ronald Openshaw Nursery, St Antony’s RC Primary, St Helen’s Catholic Primary and West Ham Church Primary.
Another 33 will be closed while another 45 will be partiallly open.
Avenue Primary, Calverton Primary, Cumberland School and Dersingham Primary are among those that will be closed.
You may also want to watch:
Brampton Primary, Colegrave Primary, Forest Gate Primary and Lathom Junior are among the schools that will be partially open.
If you are a parent or a teacher let us know how the strike is affecting you, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 8 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery