Newham musician composes theme for ITV show
A Newham musician has added the new theme tune of an ITV show to her list of achievements.
Julie Sharpe, a member of staff at the Newham Academy of Music, has composed the new, orchestral arrangement for the theme tune of Daybreak, The ITV breakfast show, which was relaunched in September.
Julie has been a member of the academy staff for thirteen years where her current role is as Team Leader for Access. Producers Rob May (NAM alumni) and colleague Simon Hill at Sitting Duck Music and Media have a history of successes with Julie. Other projects include theme music for FIFA, Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics worldwide coverage and current affairs BBC show Sunday Live.
Julie said: “It’s great to be working with ITV on such a huge show. We used a fabulous live orchestra for the recording which is always a privilege.
“Bringing fantastic, high quality music education to students in Newham is so important. My work and experience in the music industry informs the opportunities we give them. When students work with teachers who are actually composing, performing and producing at the highest level they see that they can do it as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Newham Academy of Music, which is also Music Hub Leader for Newham, runs a variety of music activities at their base in NewVIc (Newham Sixth Form College) and in Newham schools. It aims to offer as many opportunities as possible for everyone to get involved in music.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley