Newham musician composes theme for ITV show
A Newham musician has added the new theme tune of an ITV show to her list of achievements.
Julie Sharpe, a member of staff at the Newham Academy of Music, has composed the new, orchestral arrangement for the theme tune of Daybreak, The ITV breakfast show, which was relaunched in September.
Julie has been a member of the academy staff for thirteen years where her current role is as Team Leader for Access. Producers Rob May (NAM alumni) and colleague Simon Hill at Sitting Duck Music and Media have a history of successes with Julie. Other projects include theme music for FIFA, Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics worldwide coverage and current affairs BBC show Sunday Live.
Julie said: “It’s great to be working with ITV on such a huge show. We used a fabulous live orchestra for the recording which is always a privilege.
“Bringing fantastic, high quality music education to students in Newham is so important. My work and experience in the music industry informs the opportunities we give them. When students work with teachers who are actually composing, performing and producing at the highest level they see that they can do it as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Newham Academy of Music, which is also Music Hub Leader for Newham, runs a variety of music activities at their base in NewVIc (Newham Sixth Form College) and in Newham schools. It aims to offer as many opportunities as possible for everyone to get involved in music.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved