Newham musician composes theme for ITV show
A Newham musician has added the new theme tune of an ITV show to her list of achievements.
Julie Sharpe, a member of staff at the Newham Academy of Music, has composed the new, orchestral arrangement for the theme tune of Daybreak, The ITV breakfast show, which was relaunched in September.
Julie has been a member of the academy staff for thirteen years where her current role is as Team Leader for Access. Producers Rob May (NAM alumni) and colleague Simon Hill at Sitting Duck Music and Media have a history of successes with Julie. Other projects include theme music for FIFA, Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics worldwide coverage and current affairs BBC show Sunday Live.
Julie said: “It’s great to be working with ITV on such a huge show. We used a fabulous live orchestra for the recording which is always a privilege.
“Bringing fantastic, high quality music education to students in Newham is so important. My work and experience in the music industry informs the opportunities we give them. When students work with teachers who are actually composing, performing and producing at the highest level they see that they can do it as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Newham Academy of Music, which is also Music Hub Leader for Newham, runs a variety of music activities at their base in NewVIc (Newham Sixth Form College) and in Newham schools. It aims to offer as many opportunities as possible for everyone to get involved in music.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash