Newham musician composes theme for ITV show
A Newham musician has added the new theme tune of an ITV show to her list of achievements.
Julie Sharpe, a member of staff at the Newham Academy of Music, has composed the new, orchestral arrangement for the theme tune of Daybreak, The ITV breakfast show, which was relaunched in September.
Julie has been a member of the academy staff for thirteen years where her current role is as Team Leader for Access. Producers Rob May (NAM alumni) and colleague Simon Hill at Sitting Duck Music and Media have a history of successes with Julie. Other projects include theme music for FIFA, Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics worldwide coverage and current affairs BBC show Sunday Live.
Julie said: “It’s great to be working with ITV on such a huge show. We used a fabulous live orchestra for the recording which is always a privilege.
“Bringing fantastic, high quality music education to students in Newham is so important. My work and experience in the music industry informs the opportunities we give them. When students work with teachers who are actually composing, performing and producing at the highest level they see that they can do it as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Newham Academy of Music, which is also Music Hub Leader for Newham, runs a variety of music activities at their base in NewVIc (Newham Sixth Form College) and in Newham schools. It aims to offer as many opportunities as possible for everyone to get involved in music.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings