Newham Music Hub wins national award
- Credit: Archant
Newham Music Hub has won a national award in recognition of the imaginative and inclusive high quality music education it provides.
The Music Hub was presented with the ‘Diploma Award’ by the National Music Council at the music education awards.
Phil Castang. CEO of Newham Music Trust, the lead hub organisation, said: “To be awarded this accolade in our first year as a music hub is an amazing endorsement of the hub’s collective work. We are the only London music hub to win anything, which underlines how special it is. Despite some quite challenging circumstances, schools in Newham are working harder than ever to support quality music education in the borough and we are so grateful to all those teachers who have kept faith in our vision.
“We really have worked hard to bring organisations together through a major music education strategy which has been supported by just about every music and performing arts organization in the borough. We have some exceptional hub partners in Newham including Urban Development and Stratford Circus. Beyond Newham our key role in the development of the East London and City Cultural Partnership has brought us closer to the City and opened up resources from the Barbican, Europe’s most important centre for the arts.”
An important feature of Newham Music Hub is the sheer range of exceptional music and cultural projects that are supported and made accessible to schools and the wider community.
You may also want to watch:
East Ham MP Stephen Timms said: “I have been really impressed by the depth and range of music provision now provided by Newham Music Hub partners: whole class instrumental tuition in primary schools, ensembles and music clubs in secondary schools and at the Academy, through to commercial music, choir training and accrediting young people in the community.”
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing