Newham Collegiate team in national final of accountancy competition
- Credit: Asifa Malik
Life as a chartered accountant isn’t something many sixth formers get to experience.
But for six teenagers from Newham Collegiate Sixth Form Centre, a business competition provided them with the opportunity to do just that.
The Business, Accounting and Skills Education competition saw 14 schools from across the capital take part in a challenging case study that enabled them to understand what it’s like to work for the Institute of Chartered Acountants in England and Wales.
The team – made up of Arif Uddin, Azher Chowdhury, Usman Maqbool, Dylan Vekaria, Tanweerur Siddique and Zaeem Arshad – impressed the judges enough to see them win the regional heats.
Dylan said: “It was a wonderful experience and we had a wonderful time.
You may also want to watch:
“The next step is to go forth and claim the national prize in June.
“If we work as well as we did this time around anything is possible.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
The Year 12 students will face 48 other schools in the national final, where they will also attend a prize-giving ceremony and enjoy a celebratory three course meal