Sixth form college nominated for two further education awards
- Credit: Asian Media Group
A top performing sixth form college has been nominated for two national awards.
Newham Collegiate Sixth Form (NCS) in East Ham and its principal Mouhssin Ismail are shortlisted for the TES Further Education Awards 2021, each for the second time.
Mr Ismail is in the running for FE leader of the year and his school is up for sixth-form college of the year.
On average, 95 per cent of its students win places to Russell Group universities, the NCS says.
About 60 students from NCS go on to take medicine and dentistry courses at university each year - among the highest in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ismail said: “I did not get into teaching for the awards but it is certainly nice for the sixth form to be recognised for its many achievements.
“The real rewards come in seeing our students’ lives transformed by the gold standard teaching and education, plus the world-class opportunities on offer.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
The online awards ceremony will take place on May 28.