Sixth form college nominated for two further education awards
- Credit: Asian Media Group
A top performing sixth form college has been nominated for two national awards.
Newham Collegiate Sixth Form (NCS) in East Ham and its principal Mouhssin Ismail are shortlisted for the TES Further Education Awards 2021, each for the second time.
Mr Ismail is in the running for FE leader of the year and his school is up for sixth-form college of the year.
On average, 95 per cent of its students win places to Russell Group universities, the NCS says.
About 60 students from NCS go on to take medicine and dentistry courses at university each year - among the highest in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ismail said: “I did not get into teaching for the awards but it is certainly nice for the sixth form to be recognised for its many achievements.
“The real rewards come in seeing our students’ lives transformed by the gold standard teaching and education, plus the world-class opportunities on offer.”
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
The online awards ceremony will take place on May 28.