Newham College unveils cutting-edge kitchen after £340,000 revamp
- Credit: Newham College
Ready, steady, cook — Newham College has unveiled its new catering classrooms after a £340,000 revamp.
Students at the college’s East Ham campus in High Street South can now work with cutting-edge culinary tech in the state-of-the-art kitchens.
“The new training facilities will really give our students a chance to work with excellent facilities, before they start gaining experience within the modern sector,” said principal and chief executive Paul Stephen.
“They will become familiar with equipment that is just as good as what they can look forward to working with as qualified professionals.”
In recent years, hospitality and catering graduates have worked with AA Rosette-winning restaurants and had their dishes featured on the menu of Cafe Football, Stratford, according to the college.
“New equipment will ensure that students have the most innovative resources to meet the needs of the skills sector,” added executive director for estates and operations Angela Mitten.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 7 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
- 10 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident