Newham College unveils cutting-edge kitchen after £340,000 revamp
- Credit: Newham College
Ready, steady, cook — Newham College has unveiled its new catering classrooms after a £340,000 revamp.
Students at the college’s East Ham campus in High Street South can now work with cutting-edge culinary tech in the state-of-the-art kitchens.
“The new training facilities will really give our students a chance to work with excellent facilities, before they start gaining experience within the modern sector,” said principal and chief executive Paul Stephen.
“They will become familiar with equipment that is just as good as what they can look forward to working with as qualified professionals.”
In recent years, hospitality and catering graduates have worked with AA Rosette-winning restaurants and had their dishes featured on the menu of Cafe Football, Stratford, according to the college.
You may also want to watch:
“New equipment will ensure that students have the most innovative resources to meet the needs of the skills sector,” added executive director for estates and operations Angela Mitten.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 7 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa