Newham College unveils cutting-edge kitchen after £340,000 revamp
- Credit: Newham College
Ready, steady, cook — Newham College has unveiled its new catering classrooms after a £340,000 revamp.
Students at the college’s East Ham campus in High Street South can now work with cutting-edge culinary tech in the state-of-the-art kitchens.
“The new training facilities will really give our students a chance to work with excellent facilities, before they start gaining experience within the modern sector,” said principal and chief executive Paul Stephen.
“They will become familiar with equipment that is just as good as what they can look forward to working with as qualified professionals.”
In recent years, hospitality and catering graduates have worked with AA Rosette-winning restaurants and had their dishes featured on the menu of Cafe Football, Stratford, according to the college.
You may also want to watch:
“New equipment will ensure that students have the most innovative resources to meet the needs of the skills sector,” added executive director for estates and operations Angela Mitten.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 5 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes not giving up on European dream despite Brighton draw
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans