Newham College unveils cutting-edge kitchen after £340,000 revamp
- Credit: Newham College
Ready, steady, cook — Newham College has unveiled its new catering classrooms after a £340,000 revamp.
Students at the college’s East Ham campus in High Street South can now work with cutting-edge culinary tech in the state-of-the-art kitchens.
“The new training facilities will really give our students a chance to work with excellent facilities, before they start gaining experience within the modern sector,” said principal and chief executive Paul Stephen.
“They will become familiar with equipment that is just as good as what they can look forward to working with as qualified professionals.”
In recent years, hospitality and catering graduates have worked with AA Rosette-winning restaurants and had their dishes featured on the menu of Cafe Football, Stratford, according to the college.
You may also want to watch:
“New equipment will ensure that students have the most innovative resources to meet the needs of the skills sector,” added executive director for estates and operations Angela Mitten.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 3 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station