Newham College makes a pitch to Dragons Den’s Peter Jones
Newham’s budding business brains could benefit from guidance given by a college run by a Dragon’s Den judge.
The Peter Jones Enterprise Academy will announce in January whether Newham College will become its London base.
Helen Emberton, the academy’s head of curriculum, visited the college on December 7 to see how it supports business.
Geoff Crook, the East Ham campus director, said: “We’re in a great position to develop a reciprocal relationship with the academy.
“We’ve developed initiatives that have helped thousands of people and businesses, from comprehensive regeneration projects to short training courses.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Emberton met businessmen and students working with the college’s Centre for Innovation and Partnership.
Among them was Jayant Raniga, brand manager of the independent Forest Gate jewellery manufacturer and retailer PureJewels.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 4 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 9 Campaigners fear Newham City Farm site will become 'another green space'
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
He pledged to support Newham’s College’s bid.