Newham College makes a pitch to Dragons Den’s Peter Jones
Newham’s budding business brains could benefit from guidance given by a college run by a Dragon’s Den judge.
The Peter Jones Enterprise Academy will announce in January whether Newham College will become its London base.
Helen Emberton, the academy’s head of curriculum, visited the college on December 7 to see how it supports business.
Geoff Crook, the East Ham campus director, said: “We’re in a great position to develop a reciprocal relationship with the academy.
“We’ve developed initiatives that have helped thousands of people and businesses, from comprehensive regeneration projects to short training courses.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Emberton met businessmen and students working with the college’s Centre for Innovation and Partnership.
Among them was Jayant Raniga, brand manager of the independent Forest Gate jewellery manufacturer and retailer PureJewels.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 7 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
He pledged to support Newham’s College’s bid.