Newham College makes a pitch to Dragons Den’s Peter Jones
Newham’s budding business brains could benefit from guidance given by a college run by a Dragon’s Den judge.
The Peter Jones Enterprise Academy will announce in January whether Newham College will become its London base.
Helen Emberton, the academy’s head of curriculum, visited the college on December 7 to see how it supports business.
Geoff Crook, the East Ham campus director, said: “We’re in a great position to develop a reciprocal relationship with the academy.
“We’ve developed initiatives that have helped thousands of people and businesses, from comprehensive regeneration projects to short training courses.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Emberton met businessmen and students working with the college’s Centre for Innovation and Partnership.
Among them was Jayant Raniga, brand manager of the independent Forest Gate jewellery manufacturer and retailer PureJewels.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
He pledged to support Newham’s College’s bid.