Newham College get students in the mood with Valentine’s Day shop
- Credit: Archant
Loved-up students at Newham College set up a successful pop-up shop selling flowers and merchandise for Valentine’s Day.
Balloon Artistry lecturer and co-ordinator Lucy Hennessey, who runs courses at the Capel Manor College on the East Ham Campus, set up the enterprise to give her students real retail experience.
Kate McAuliffe, a 17-year-old Modern Retail Floristry student, said: “I really enjoyed being involved. It was great experiencing what working in a shop is like. Valentine’s Day was really busy and I got to practise my floristry skills as well as build confidence in dealing with the public.
“I look forward to doing something like this again.”
The shop offered floral bouquets, balloon gifts, single red roses, cute soft toys, jumbo balloons and ‘Love monkeys’.
You may also want to watch:
The next shop will ‘Pop-up’ to take advance orders for Mothers Day on March 10.
Follow the students at www.facebook.com/valentinesCapelManorPopUpShop or on Twitter @capelpopupshop.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 9 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy