Newham College get students in the mood with Valentine’s Day shop
- Credit: Archant
Loved-up students at Newham College set up a successful pop-up shop selling flowers and merchandise for Valentine’s Day.
Balloon Artistry lecturer and co-ordinator Lucy Hennessey, who runs courses at the Capel Manor College on the East Ham Campus, set up the enterprise to give her students real retail experience.
Kate McAuliffe, a 17-year-old Modern Retail Floristry student, said: “I really enjoyed being involved. It was great experiencing what working in a shop is like. Valentine’s Day was really busy and I got to practise my floristry skills as well as build confidence in dealing with the public.
“I look forward to doing something like this again.”
The shop offered floral bouquets, balloon gifts, single red roses, cute soft toys, jumbo balloons and ‘Love monkeys’.
You may also want to watch:
The next shop will ‘Pop-up’ to take advance orders for Mothers Day on March 10.
Follow the students at www.facebook.com/valentinesCapelManorPopUpShop or on Twitter @capelpopupshop.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley