Newham College get students in the mood with Valentine’s Day shop
- Credit: Archant
Loved-up students at Newham College set up a successful pop-up shop selling flowers and merchandise for Valentine’s Day.
Balloon Artistry lecturer and co-ordinator Lucy Hennessey, who runs courses at the Capel Manor College on the East Ham Campus, set up the enterprise to give her students real retail experience.
Kate McAuliffe, a 17-year-old Modern Retail Floristry student, said: “I really enjoyed being involved. It was great experiencing what working in a shop is like. Valentine’s Day was really busy and I got to practise my floristry skills as well as build confidence in dealing with the public.
“I look forward to doing something like this again.”
The shop offered floral bouquets, balloon gifts, single red roses, cute soft toys, jumbo balloons and ‘Love monkeys’.
You may also want to watch:
The next shop will ‘Pop-up’ to take advance orders for Mothers Day on March 10.
Follow the students at www.facebook.com/valentinesCapelManorPopUpShop or on Twitter @capelpopupshop.
- 1 Plans for new West Ham Park playground approved
- 2 Air ambulance lands in East Ham
- 3 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 4 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 5 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 10 West Ham United light up London Stadium for Holocaust Memorial Day 2021