Newham College get students in the mood with Valentine’s Day shop
- Credit: Archant
Loved-up students at Newham College set up a successful pop-up shop selling flowers and merchandise for Valentine’s Day.
Balloon Artistry lecturer and co-ordinator Lucy Hennessey, who runs courses at the Capel Manor College on the East Ham Campus, set up the enterprise to give her students real retail experience.
Kate McAuliffe, a 17-year-old Modern Retail Floristry student, said: “I really enjoyed being involved. It was great experiencing what working in a shop is like. Valentine’s Day was really busy and I got to practise my floristry skills as well as build confidence in dealing with the public.
“I look forward to doing something like this again.”
The shop offered floral bouquets, balloon gifts, single red roses, cute soft toys, jumbo balloons and ‘Love monkeys’.
You may also want to watch:
The next shop will ‘Pop-up’ to take advance orders for Mothers Day on March 10.
Follow the students at www.facebook.com/valentinesCapelManorPopUpShop or on Twitter @capelpopupshop.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?