Newham College and UEL announce partnership
- Credit: UEL
Two of the borough’s further and higher education providers have joined forces to develop a new strategic partnership.
The University of East London and Newham College of Further Education will provide courses across both institutions with clear progression routes and aim to secure an integrated pathway from college to university.
The alliance aims to deliver flexible, innovative and efficient forms of training and education and share knowledge and skills.
Professor John Joughin, UEL vice-chancellor, said: “This strategic partnership between our two institutions will provide significant future opportunities for our local community in terms of creating important new progression routes for education and employment.”
Newham College principal Di Gowland added: “This will enable Newham College and the University of East London to develop an unrivalled range of seamless education opportunities for both local people and our wider communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The partnership was cemented by the signing of a memorandum yesterday.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 5 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 6 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 10 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford