Newham College and UEL announce partnership
- Credit: UEL
Two of the borough’s further and higher education providers have joined forces to develop a new strategic partnership.
The University of East London and Newham College of Further Education will provide courses across both institutions with clear progression routes and aim to secure an integrated pathway from college to university.
The alliance aims to deliver flexible, innovative and efficient forms of training and education and share knowledge and skills.
Professor John Joughin, UEL vice-chancellor, said: “This strategic partnership between our two institutions will provide significant future opportunities for our local community in terms of creating important new progression routes for education and employment.”
Newham College principal Di Gowland added: “This will enable Newham College and the University of East London to develop an unrivalled range of seamless education opportunities for both local people and our wider communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The partnership was cemented by the signing of a memorandum yesterday.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic