Newham College and UEL announce partnership
- Credit: UEL
Two of the borough’s further and higher education providers have joined forces to develop a new strategic partnership.
The University of East London and Newham College of Further Education will provide courses across both institutions with clear progression routes and aim to secure an integrated pathway from college to university.
The alliance aims to deliver flexible, innovative and efficient forms of training and education and share knowledge and skills.
Professor John Joughin, UEL vice-chancellor, said: “This strategic partnership between our two institutions will provide significant future opportunities for our local community in terms of creating important new progression routes for education and employment.”
Newham College principal Di Gowland added: “This will enable Newham College and the University of East London to develop an unrivalled range of seamless education opportunities for both local people and our wider communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The partnership was cemented by the signing of a memorandum yesterday.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 7 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate