Newham College and UEL announce partnership
- Credit: UEL
Two of the borough’s further and higher education providers have joined forces to develop a new strategic partnership.
The University of East London and Newham College of Further Education will provide courses across both institutions with clear progression routes and aim to secure an integrated pathway from college to university.
The alliance aims to deliver flexible, innovative and efficient forms of training and education and share knowledge and skills.
Professor John Joughin, UEL vice-chancellor, said: “This strategic partnership between our two institutions will provide significant future opportunities for our local community in terms of creating important new progression routes for education and employment.”
Newham College principal Di Gowland added: “This will enable Newham College and the University of East London to develop an unrivalled range of seamless education opportunities for both local people and our wider communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The partnership was cemented by the signing of a memorandum yesterday.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp