New Stratford University campus holds first open day
- Credit: Archant
A new University campus in Stratford will hold it’s first open day of Autumn, giving residents and potential students a chance to see the new facilities.
The £33 million new building at University Square Stratford opened in September and is the newest addition to the University of East London (UEL).
The open day event will be held on October 19 from 12 noon to 4pm, when visitors can also explore UEL’s Docklands campus.
Students and parents will have the opportunity to find out more about the range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses available and talk to representatives of the University’s schools.
There will also be walking tours throughout the day showcasing the on-campus accomodation and the newly opened library, as well as talks on student finance, electronic engineering and other topics.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine Downes, director of corporate marketing at UEL, said: “Open days are a great insight into modern university life. There is nothing quite like seeing and experiencing the amazing facilities we now have here.
“I would encourage prospective students to visit both campuses and find out more about the courses we offer, talk with our academics and tour our amazing facilities.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
“It could be their first steps towards a bright future studying at UEL”
Several postgraduate scholarships will be on offer for studies begining in February 2014 with a 50 per cent discount on Tuition Fees.
There will be another open day on November 30.
For more information visit www.universitysquarestratford.ac.uk.