New Stratford University campus holds first open day
- Credit: Archant
A new University campus in Stratford will hold it’s first open day of Autumn, giving residents and potential students a chance to see the new facilities.
The £33 million new building at University Square Stratford opened in September and is the newest addition to the University of East London (UEL).
The open day event will be held on October 19 from 12 noon to 4pm, when visitors can also explore UEL’s Docklands campus.
Students and parents will have the opportunity to find out more about the range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses available and talk to representatives of the University’s schools.
There will also be walking tours throughout the day showcasing the on-campus accomodation and the newly opened library, as well as talks on student finance, electronic engineering and other topics.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine Downes, director of corporate marketing at UEL, said: “Open days are a great insight into modern university life. There is nothing quite like seeing and experiencing the amazing facilities we now have here.
“I would encourage prospective students to visit both campuses and find out more about the courses we offer, talk with our academics and tour our amazing facilities.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
“It could be their first steps towards a bright future studying at UEL”
Several postgraduate scholarships will be on offer for studies begining in February 2014 with a 50 per cent discount on Tuition Fees.
There will be another open day on November 30.
For more information visit www.universitysquarestratford.ac.uk.