New Stratford University campus holds first open day
- Credit: Archant
A new University campus in Stratford will hold it’s first open day of Autumn, giving residents and potential students a chance to see the new facilities.
The £33 million new building at University Square Stratford opened in September and is the newest addition to the University of East London (UEL).
The open day event will be held on October 19 from 12 noon to 4pm, when visitors can also explore UEL’s Docklands campus.
Students and parents will have the opportunity to find out more about the range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses available and talk to representatives of the University’s schools.
There will also be walking tours throughout the day showcasing the on-campus accomodation and the newly opened library, as well as talks on student finance, electronic engineering and other topics.
Catherine Downes, director of corporate marketing at UEL, said: “Open days are a great insight into modern university life. There is nothing quite like seeing and experiencing the amazing facilities we now have here.
“I would encourage prospective students to visit both campuses and find out more about the courses we offer, talk with our academics and tour our amazing facilities.
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 5 Three in custody over knifepoint robbery in East Ham after foot chase
- 6 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 7 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Burrard Road stabbing: Plea date set for Custom House murder accused
- 9 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 10 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
“It could be their first steps towards a bright future studying at UEL”
Several postgraduate scholarships will be on offer for studies begining in February 2014 with a 50 per cent discount on Tuition Fees.
There will be another open day on November 30.
For more information visit www.universitysquarestratford.ac.uk.