Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- Credit: Hari
A ribbon has been cut at the official opening of a new nursery in Stratford.
Bright Little Stars Nursery (BLS) opened the doors of its base in New Garden Quarter on Tuesday, May 4.
Chief executive Amol Devani said: "Despite the challenging year, I am extremely proud of the BLS team who have persevered to bring our high-quality care and education offering to Stratford.
"We are overjoyed to open within this exciting and vibrant area."
The nursery is set around a landscaped two-acre communal garden square next to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
You may also want to watch:
There are three rooms tailored to different age groups which open onto outdoor sheltered areas. A total of 35 jobs will be created, according to BLS.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held at the nursery with councillors Joshua Garfield and Terry Paul from Newham Council.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 5 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
Nursery manager Karma Khosla said: "We are incredibly excited to be joining the community."