Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- Credit: Hari
A ribbon has been cut at the official opening of a new nursery in Stratford.
Bright Little Stars Nursery (BLS) opened the doors of its base in New Garden Quarter on Tuesday, May 4.
Chief executive Amol Devani said: "Despite the challenging year, I am extremely proud of the BLS team who have persevered to bring our high-quality care and education offering to Stratford.
"We are overjoyed to open within this exciting and vibrant area."
The nursery is set around a landscaped two-acre communal garden square next to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
You may also want to watch:
There are three rooms tailored to different age groups which open onto outdoor sheltered areas. A total of 35 jobs will be created, according to BLS.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held at the nursery with councillors Joshua Garfield and Terry Paul from Newham Council.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 7 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 8 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 9 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
Nursery manager Karma Khosla said: "We are incredibly excited to be joining the community."