Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- Credit: Hari
A ribbon has been cut at the official opening of a new nursery in Stratford.
Bright Little Stars Nursery (BLS) opened the doors of its base in New Garden Quarter on Tuesday, May 4.
Chief executive Amol Devani said: "Despite the challenging year, I am extremely proud of the BLS team who have persevered to bring our high-quality care and education offering to Stratford.
"We are overjoyed to open within this exciting and vibrant area."
The nursery is set around a landscaped two-acre communal garden square next to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
There are three rooms tailored to different age groups which open onto outdoor sheltered areas. A total of 35 jobs will be created, according to BLS.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held at the nursery with councillors Joshua Garfield and Terry Paul from Newham Council.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 4 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 5 Leyton Orient claim second successive League Two win at Crawley
- 6 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 7 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 8 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 9 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 10 Boys locked up for murdering 14-year-old Fares Maatou
Nursery manager Karma Khosla said: "We are incredibly excited to be joining the community."