New £1.7million wing to open for Beckton school
A £1.7million extension which has added six extra classrooms will be unveiled at a primary school.
The grand opening of the wing at Gallions Primary School in Beckton is due to take place on the afternoon of October 16.
The extension has allowed the school to take in more pupils and given staff additional space to deliver its creative lessons.
It also means the school can offer dedicated practical and quiet areas, separate playgrounds for Year 1 and 2 children.
Pupils can now enjoy the new cooking room, film editing suite and studio, science lab, role play area and dedicated D & T workroom.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Jackson, head teacher at the school, said: “Having been at Gallions on the first day it opened as a small, less than one form entry school, to be part of this very exciting journey and now seeing this expansion and growth to three form entry has been truly inspirational.
“The children at Gallions are incredibly lucky to have access to the outstanding facilities that we offer. We look forward to opening our doors to many more pupils in the future and to the next steps on the Gallions journey.”
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
Staff are keen to hear from parents interested in sending their children to the school as it still has places available.