New £1.7million wing to open for Beckton school
A £1.7million extension which has added six extra classrooms will be unveiled at a primary school.
The grand opening of the wing at Gallions Primary School in Beckton is due to take place on the afternoon of October 16.
The extension has allowed the school to take in more pupils and given staff additional space to deliver its creative lessons.
It also means the school can offer dedicated practical and quiet areas, separate playgrounds for Year 1 and 2 children.
Pupils can now enjoy the new cooking room, film editing suite and studio, science lab, role play area and dedicated D & T workroom.
Paul Jackson, head teacher at the school, said: “Having been at Gallions on the first day it opened as a small, less than one form entry school, to be part of this very exciting journey and now seeing this expansion and growth to three form entry has been truly inspirational.
“The children at Gallions are incredibly lucky to have access to the outstanding facilities that we offer. We look forward to opening our doors to many more pupils in the future and to the next steps on the Gallions journey.”
- 1 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 2 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 3 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 4 Romford West Ham fan accused of harassing Jewish man on flight
- 5 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 6 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 7 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 8 'Staffing crisis' impacts hospice's end of life care service
- 9 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 10 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
Staff are keen to hear from parents interested in sending their children to the school as it still has places available.