New £1.7million wing to open for Beckton school
A £1.7million extension which has added six extra classrooms will be unveiled at a primary school.
The grand opening of the wing at Gallions Primary School in Beckton is due to take place on the afternoon of October 16.
The extension has allowed the school to take in more pupils and given staff additional space to deliver its creative lessons.
It also means the school can offer dedicated practical and quiet areas, separate playgrounds for Year 1 and 2 children.
Pupils can now enjoy the new cooking room, film editing suite and studio, science lab, role play area and dedicated D & T workroom.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Jackson, head teacher at the school, said: “Having been at Gallions on the first day it opened as a small, less than one form entry school, to be part of this very exciting journey and now seeing this expansion and growth to three form entry has been truly inspirational.
“The children at Gallions are incredibly lucky to have access to the outstanding facilities that we offer. We look forward to opening our doors to many more pupils in the future and to the next steps on the Gallions journey.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
Staff are keen to hear from parents interested in sending their children to the school as it still has places available.