Music bus tour launched: Kate Nash joined by Forest Gate students
An iconic Routemaster bus transformed into a mobile recording studio was launched by hit-maker Kate Nash and pupils from Forest Gate School at the start of a nationwide education tour.
And at Trafalgar Square there was an impromptu ‘jam’ between Kate and three of the pupils - Finnbar, Marieta and Rachel before the bus took to the road to inspire young people to engage with music.
Visitors to the British Music Experience will be able to record a track in a fully equipped studio which can be uploaded online to share with family and friends. As part of the schools tour, children will also take part in a behind the scenes ‘Master Class’ led by an education team, offering insight into working in the music industry, demonstrating the different roles and skills needed to succeed.
The co-op sponsored bus is also a ‘moving museum’, where young people will be able to interact with state-of-the-art music technology, provided by Sennheiser and Gibson.
It captures British music of the past 60 years, featuring original pieces of music memorabilia including a genuine cell used to make The Beatles animated film ‘Yellow Submarine’, Leona Lewis’ Roberto Cavalli dress worn during a performance in 2008 for Nelson Mandela and Florence and the Machine’s 22 carat gold-plated microphone used by Florence during her 2010 tour.
You may also want to watch:
Kate said: “I think that in the UK we often dismiss the music industry as an unrealistic career path and discourage young people from getting involved, but we need to challenge these attitudes and nurture the talent that is evident in so many teenagers and young adults across the country.”
To follow the bus on tour go to www.bmetour.com
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex