Memory Lane: Pupils of Plaistow in 1947
Do you remember your school days at Burke Secondary Modern School in Plaistow? This photo was taken of a class of First Years in 1947 and how things have changed!
This week’s Memory Lane flashback takes us back more than 65 years ago.
Do you remember your school days at Burke Secondary Modern School in Plaistow?
This picture was taken of a class of First Years in 1947 and how things have changed!
This Memory Lane was brought to you by former pupil Derek Campbell, from East Ham, who tells us that he has his sleeves rolled up in the second row on the left!
You may also want to watch:
Memory Lane is back in the Recorder following requests from our readers who missed the column and also the memories from our Days of the Old School Yard feature, which ran for 12 years from the late 1990s.
So we have decided to merge the two in a feature that will appear weekly, monthly, or occasionally, depending on you, our dear readers! It will appear both in paper and online at www.newhamrecorder.co.uk
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 10 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
If you would like to submit a piece of history for Memory Lane, please e-mail The Editor email@example.com, sending pictures as a jpeg or write to: Colin Grainger, Editor, Newham Recorder, 539 High Road, Ilford, 1G1 1UD.
We promise to take care of your pictures and post them back to you.