Memory Lane: Pupils of Plaistow in 1947
Do you remember your school days at Burke Secondary Modern School in Plaistow? This photo was taken of a class of First Years in 1947 and how things have changed!
This week’s Memory Lane flashback takes us back more than 65 years ago.
Do you remember your school days at Burke Secondary Modern School in Plaistow?
This picture was taken of a class of First Years in 1947 and how things have changed!
This Memory Lane was brought to you by former pupil Derek Campbell, from East Ham, who tells us that he has his sleeves rolled up in the second row on the left!
You may also want to watch:
Memory Lane is back in the Recorder following requests from our readers who missed the column and also the memories from our Days of the Old School Yard feature, which ran for 12 years from the late 1990s.
So we have decided to merge the two in a feature that will appear weekly, monthly, or occasionally, depending on you, our dear readers! It will appear both in paper and online at www.newhamrecorder.co.uk
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
If you would like to submit a piece of history for Memory Lane, please e-mail The Editor email@example.com, sending pictures as a jpeg or write to: Colin Grainger, Editor, Newham Recorder, 539 High Road, Ilford, 1G1 1UD.
We promise to take care of your pictures and post them back to you.