Memory Lane: Pupils of Plaistow in 1947
Do you remember your school days at Burke Secondary Modern School in Plaistow? This photo was taken of a class of First Years in 1947 and how things have changed!
This week’s Memory Lane flashback takes us back more than 65 years ago.
Do you remember your school days at Burke Secondary Modern School in Plaistow?
This picture was taken of a class of First Years in 1947 and how things have changed!
This Memory Lane was brought to you by former pupil Derek Campbell, from East Ham, who tells us that he has his sleeves rolled up in the second row on the left!
Memory Lane is back in the Recorder following requests from our readers who missed the column and also the memories from our Days of the Old School Yard feature, which ran for 12 years from the late 1990s.
So we have decided to merge the two in a feature that will appear weekly, monthly, or occasionally, depending on you, our dear readers! It will appear both in paper and online at www.newhamrecorder.co.uk
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 7 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 10 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
If you would like to submit a piece of history for Memory Lane, please e-mail The Editor firstname.lastname@example.org, sending pictures as a jpeg or write to: Colin Grainger, Editor, Newham Recorder, 539 High Road, Ilford, 1G1 1UD.
We promise to take care of your pictures and post them back to you.