Mayor thanks Plaistow children for carnival efforts
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters who spent hours creating costumes and props for the Mayor’s Newham Show carnival were rewarded with medals for their efforts by Sir Robin Wales.
Children from Years 5 and 6 at Kaizen Primary School in Plaistow, together with their parents, worked for many hours to create the props and costumes for the July carnival.
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales visited the school to thank both staff and the students for their efforts and handed out medals to the children who took part.
A spokesman for the school said: “The children and parents actively participated in the carnival procession and stayed for the entire duration of it. The children were very enthusiastic and continued to be lively and entertaining, even in the hot and humid conditions of the day.
”This was a huge achievement for the children and they, together parents and staff, have been looking forward to meeting the Mayor since the carnival.”
You may also want to watch:
Sir Robin Wales Mayor of Newham said: “I’m really proud of the hundreds of school children that take part in the Newham Show carnival every year. Their efforts are always supported by our wonderful school staff and these medals are a way of recognising all their hard work. Next year’s show and carnival is set to be better than ever and I look forward to seeing all the entries.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals