Mayor thanks Plaistow children for carnival efforts
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters who spent hours creating costumes and props for the Mayor’s Newham Show carnival were rewarded with medals for their efforts by Sir Robin Wales.
Children from Years 5 and 6 at Kaizen Primary School in Plaistow, together with their parents, worked for many hours to create the props and costumes for the July carnival.
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales visited the school to thank both staff and the students for their efforts and handed out medals to the children who took part.
A spokesman for the school said: “The children and parents actively participated in the carnival procession and stayed for the entire duration of it. The children were very enthusiastic and continued to be lively and entertaining, even in the hot and humid conditions of the day.
”This was a huge achievement for the children and they, together parents and staff, have been looking forward to meeting the Mayor since the carnival.”
You may also want to watch:
Sir Robin Wales Mayor of Newham said: “I’m really proud of the hundreds of school children that take part in the Newham Show carnival every year. Their efforts are always supported by our wonderful school staff and these medals are a way of recognising all their hard work. Next year’s show and carnival is set to be better than ever and I look forward to seeing all the entries.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers