Mayor of London Sadiq Khan gives seal of approval to “outstanding” Rosetta Primary School
- Credit: Google Street View
A Canning Town primary school has been praised for its “outstanding achievements” by Mayor of London Sadiq Khan.
Rosetta Primary School in Sophia Road was one of about 100 schools invited to join a new project tackling education inequality in the capital.
Mr Khan congratulated the school for its “outstanding achievements and for the hard work of its pupils and teaching staff.”
The Mayor’s Schools for Success project will bring together teachers from the top six per cent of London’s schools to swap stories of success.
They will host talks and visits on how to increase standards for pupils, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted that we have been recognised,” said acting headteacher Lindsay Bradbury. “I am proud of our academic achievements and I look forward to sharing our best practice with other schools.”
- 1 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Three teenagers arrested after boy, 16, found stabbed in East Village
- 6 Why musician swapped working with pop stars to teaching Newham pupils
- 7 Man in hospital after 'acid attack' inside his home in Beckton
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 10 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule