Mayor of London Sadiq Khan gives seal of approval to “outstanding” Rosetta Primary School
- Credit: Google Street View
A Canning Town primary school has been praised for its “outstanding achievements” by Mayor of London Sadiq Khan.
Rosetta Primary School in Sophia Road was one of about 100 schools invited to join a new project tackling education inequality in the capital.
Mr Khan congratulated the school for its “outstanding achievements and for the hard work of its pupils and teaching staff.”
The Mayor’s Schools for Success project will bring together teachers from the top six per cent of London’s schools to swap stories of success.
They will host talks and visits on how to increase standards for pupils, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted that we have been recognised,” said acting headteacher Lindsay Bradbury. “I am proud of our academic achievements and I look forward to sharing our best practice with other schools.”
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week