Manor Park schoolpupils create anti-bullying websites
Tech-savvy Little Ilford School students have created anti-bullying websites after researching the subject.
Groups of Year 7 pupils from the Manor Park school paid NewVIc college a visit last term to hear older students’ experiences of being picked on while at secondary school.
As part of the project, the youngsters analysed the data they collected and put it into their websites.
Each group met NewVIc principal Eddie Playfair, was given a tour of the college and a presentation from the college’s academic mentors.
Certificates were presented in the Year 7 achievement assembly at Little Ilford School last month.
You may also want to watch:
A member of the college’s IT staff will now assess the websites, rewarding the highest achievers with an IT session in the autumn term.
Little Ilford teacher Shaqib Juneja, said: “I want to thank everyone who made the days a great learning opportunity for our students here.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money