Manor Park schoolpupils create anti-bullying websites
Tech-savvy Little Ilford School students have created anti-bullying websites after researching the subject.
Groups of Year 7 pupils from the Manor Park school paid NewVIc college a visit last term to hear older students’ experiences of being picked on while at secondary school.
As part of the project, the youngsters analysed the data they collected and put it into their websites.
Each group met NewVIc principal Eddie Playfair, was given a tour of the college and a presentation from the college’s academic mentors.
Certificates were presented in the Year 7 achievement assembly at Little Ilford School last month.
A member of the college’s IT staff will now assess the websites, rewarding the highest achievers with an IT session in the autumn term.
Little Ilford teacher Shaqib Juneja, said: “I want to thank everyone who made the days a great learning opportunity for our students here.”
- 1 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 Defender Adam Thompson returning is a massive boost for Leyton Orient