Manor Park schoolpupils create anti-bullying websites
Tech-savvy Little Ilford School students have created anti-bullying websites after researching the subject.
Groups of Year 7 pupils from the Manor Park school paid NewVIc college a visit last term to hear older students’ experiences of being picked on while at secondary school.
As part of the project, the youngsters analysed the data they collected and put it into their websites.
Each group met NewVIc principal Eddie Playfair, was given a tour of the college and a presentation from the college’s academic mentors.
Certificates were presented in the Year 7 achievement assembly at Little Ilford School last month.
You may also want to watch:
A member of the college’s IT staff will now assess the websites, rewarding the highest achievers with an IT session in the autumn term.
Little Ilford teacher Shaqib Juneja, said: “I want to thank everyone who made the days a great learning opportunity for our students here.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 7 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 How staff helped Plaistow pupils win £1m of top college scholarships
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss