Manor Park school unveils new mosaic
- Credit: Archant
Forget drab and dreary walls as Essex Primary School unveiled its new mosaic..
Artist Kat Hall led the project, getting the children and staff to help with the design before taking on the two-week process of bringing it to life.
Once the artwork was finished, the school, in Sheridan Road, Manor Park, hosted a unveiling which saw East Ham MP, Stephen Timms, reveal the new lease of life.
Kat said: “I really enjoyed working with the staff and pupils at Essex Primary School and helped them to create a bespoke and eye-catching series of glass mosaics.”
Former staff members and pupils joined those currently there to see the school’s colourful new display.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Rosie Cowan said: “Our vision of ‘everyone valued, everyone challenged, everyone achieving’ is at the very foundation of the school.
“I am thrilled that it is now set in stone for all to see.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 9 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy