Manor Park school unveils new mosaic
- Credit: Archant
Forget drab and dreary walls as Essex Primary School unveiled its new mosaic..
Artist Kat Hall led the project, getting the children and staff to help with the design before taking on the two-week process of bringing it to life.
Once the artwork was finished, the school, in Sheridan Road, Manor Park, hosted a unveiling which saw East Ham MP, Stephen Timms, reveal the new lease of life.
Kat said: “I really enjoyed working with the staff and pupils at Essex Primary School and helped them to create a bespoke and eye-catching series of glass mosaics.”
Former staff members and pupils joined those currently there to see the school’s colourful new display.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Rosie Cowan said: “Our vision of ‘everyone valued, everyone challenged, everyone achieving’ is at the very foundation of the school.
“I am thrilled that it is now set in stone for all to see.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley