Manor Park school unveils new mosaic
- Credit: Archant
Forget drab and dreary walls as Essex Primary School unveiled its new mosaic..
Artist Kat Hall led the project, getting the children and staff to help with the design before taking on the two-week process of bringing it to life.
Once the artwork was finished, the school, in Sheridan Road, Manor Park, hosted a unveiling which saw East Ham MP, Stephen Timms, reveal the new lease of life.
Kat said: “I really enjoyed working with the staff and pupils at Essex Primary School and helped them to create a bespoke and eye-catching series of glass mosaics.”
Former staff members and pupils joined those currently there to see the school’s colourful new display.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Rosie Cowan said: “Our vision of ‘everyone valued, everyone challenged, everyone achieving’ is at the very foundation of the school.
“I am thrilled that it is now set in stone for all to see.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals