Manor Park parents bring community together before Olympics
Parents of children from seven primary schools in Manor Park are throwing an Olympic party for local children.
Held in Little Ilford Park, Olympic Kids is a fun day to bring the community together in celebration of the 2012 Games coming to Newham.
Helped along by a “Get the Party Started” grant from Newham Council, the day will include sports day activities, bouncy castles, craft tables and much more.
Cheryl Blaize, chairman of the Olympic Kids group, said the aim of the day is “to evolve and get to know our surrounding diverse communities and each other better.”
Olympic Kids will take place at Little Ilford Park, Manor Park, E12 6HB on Saturday June 30 from 12pm to 5pm and tickets are �12.
You may also want to watch:
To set up a craft stall at the event, email email@example.com.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross