Manor Park parents bring community together before Olympics
Parents of children from seven primary schools in Manor Park are throwing an Olympic party for local children.
Held in Little Ilford Park, Olympic Kids is a fun day to bring the community together in celebration of the 2012 Games coming to Newham.
Helped along by a “Get the Party Started” grant from Newham Council, the day will include sports day activities, bouncy castles, craft tables and much more.
Cheryl Blaize, chairman of the Olympic Kids group, said the aim of the day is “to evolve and get to know our surrounding diverse communities and each other better.”
Olympic Kids will take place at Little Ilford Park, Manor Park, E12 6HB on Saturday June 30 from 12pm to 5pm and tickets are �12.
You may also want to watch:
To set up a craft stall at the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 5 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home