Manor Park parents bring community together before Olympics
Parents of children from seven primary schools in Manor Park are throwing an Olympic party for local children.
Held in Little Ilford Park, Olympic Kids is a fun day to bring the community together in celebration of the 2012 Games coming to Newham.
Helped along by a “Get the Party Started” grant from Newham Council, the day will include sports day activities, bouncy castles, craft tables and much more.
Cheryl Blaize, chairman of the Olympic Kids group, said the aim of the day is “to evolve and get to know our surrounding diverse communities and each other better.”
Olympic Kids will take place at Little Ilford Park, Manor Park, E12 6HB on Saturday June 30 from 12pm to 5pm and tickets are �12.
You may also want to watch:
To set up a craft stall at the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham