London lectures will discuss Olympics benefits
Students, academics and members of the public interested in learning about the benefits of the Olympics can attend a series of lectures.
The lectures, announced by the London Legacy Development Corporation, will give people the chance to find out more about the long term benefits of the 2012 Games and creating Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
The lecture series themes are:
• Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park: creating a thriving place
• Inclusive Design: a legacy of accessible environments from London 2012
You may also want to watch:
• Towards a Healthier Nation: taking stock of London 2012 and moving on
Now in its fifth year, the lecture series provides an opportunity for academics, students and the public interested in discussing the issues around place-making, design and sport and healthy living, with a panel of expert speakers. Dennis Hone, interim Chief Executive of the London Legacy Development Corporation, said: “These lectures are a great forum for people to learn more about our plans for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and debate and discuss the challenges of creating it, from accessible design for the venues and parklands through to using the Games as a catalyst for healthy living.”
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
The events are free and open to everyone though places are strictly limited to a first come first served basis.
All three lectures, which will take place across London, will have a series of panel presentations followed by Q & A sessions. Panel members include Legacy Corporation, Olympic legacy partners or stakeholders and specialist academic speakers.
To find out more about the lecture series, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Annual Lecture Series’.