London lectures will discuss Olympics benefits
Students, academics and members of the public interested in learning about the benefits of the Olympics can attend a series of lectures.
The lectures, announced by the London Legacy Development Corporation, will give people the chance to find out more about the long term benefits of the 2012 Games and creating Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
The lecture series themes are:
• Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park: creating a thriving place
• Inclusive Design: a legacy of accessible environments from London 2012
You may also want to watch:
• Towards a Healthier Nation: taking stock of London 2012 and moving on
Now in its fifth year, the lecture series provides an opportunity for academics, students and the public interested in discussing the issues around place-making, design and sport and healthy living, with a panel of expert speakers. Dennis Hone, interim Chief Executive of the London Legacy Development Corporation, said: “These lectures are a great forum for people to learn more about our plans for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and debate and discuss the challenges of creating it, from accessible design for the venues and parklands through to using the Games as a catalyst for healthy living.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel
The events are free and open to everyone though places are strictly limited to a first come first served basis.
All three lectures, which will take place across London, will have a series of panel presentations followed by Q & A sessions. Panel members include Legacy Corporation, Olympic legacy partners or stakeholders and specialist academic speakers.
To find out more about the lecture series, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Annual Lecture Series’.