London City Airport launches mentoring scheme to boost aspirations
- Credit: London City Airport
A mentoring scheme aimed at raising youngsters' aspirations has been launched.
It will see London City Airport workers offer support and guidance to pupils with the aim of helping them prepare for life after school.
The Royal Docks-based flights hub teamed up with careers charity 15BillionEBP for the project.
Nazmin Begum, community engagement executive at London City, said: "The Covid-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on our communities and young people have been hit hard.
"The airport has a strong track record of recruiting locally and we hope this scheme will raise the aspirations of young east Londoners and create pathways to further education and employment."
You may also want to watch:
Rezaul Hussain, head of business development and partnerships at 15BillionEBP, said: "We’re delighted to be partnering up with London City Airport."
Johanna Thompson, principal at Oasis Academy Silvertown, said: "We are ambitious and aspirational for all students and are thankful to 15BillionEBP and London City Airport for this excellent opportunity."
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
The programme runs from this month until July 2022.