London City Airport seeks east London artist to create new work
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport is commissioning a new artwork to welcome visitors.
The Royal Docks based transport hub wants the piece to capture the spirit of London as an international centre of art and culture and celebrate the airport as a gateway into the capital.
Robert Sinclair, CEO of London City Airport, said: "With London's doors firmly open for international visitors, we want to welcome passengers to our airport, and our city, with an amazing first impression that they
The commission, called Destination London, will be curated by The Line, east London's public art walk running between Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and The O2.
You may also want to watch:
In 2020, The Line will celebrate its fifth anniversary with several new works of which Destination London is the first to be announced.
A panel including The Line's co-founder and director, Megan Piper, will select the artist from east London.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 3 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
The commission, scheduled to open in spring 2020, is supported by the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, and Royal Docks Team. It supports the #LondonIsOpen campaign.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org