London City Airport seeks east London artist to create new work
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport is commissioning a new artwork to welcome visitors.
The Royal Docks based transport hub wants the piece to capture the spirit of London as an international centre of art and culture and celebrate the airport as a gateway into the capital.
Robert Sinclair, CEO of London City Airport, said: "With London's doors firmly open for international visitors, we want to welcome passengers to our airport, and our city, with an amazing first impression that they
The commission, called Destination London, will be curated by The Line, east London's public art walk running between Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and The O2.
You may also want to watch:
In 2020, The Line will celebrate its fifth anniversary with several new works of which Destination London is the first to be announced.
A panel including The Line's co-founder and director, Megan Piper, will select the artist from east London.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
The commission, scheduled to open in spring 2020, is supported by the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, and Royal Docks Team. It supports the #LondonIsOpen campaign.
For more information contact email@example.com