London City Airport seeks east London artist to create new work
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport is commissioning a new artwork to welcome visitors.
The Royal Docks based transport hub wants the piece to capture the spirit of London as an international centre of art and culture and celebrate the airport as a gateway into the capital.
Robert Sinclair, CEO of London City Airport, said: "With London's doors firmly open for international visitors, we want to welcome passengers to our airport, and our city, with an amazing first impression that they
The commission, called Destination London, will be curated by The Line, east London's public art walk running between Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and The O2.
You may also want to watch:
In 2020, The Line will celebrate its fifth anniversary with several new works of which Destination London is the first to be announced.
A panel including The Line's co-founder and director, Megan Piper, will select the artist from east London.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 4 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
The commission, scheduled to open in spring 2020, is supported by the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, and Royal Docks Team. It supports the #LondonIsOpen campaign.
For more information contact email@example.com