Local entrepreneurs praised by visiting Baroness
ENTERPRISING RESIDENTS were praised by Baroness Hanham when she visited Newham College last week.
The Communities Minister saw the impressive work that the East Ham Campus has been doing to kick start local businesses, including the UK’s first Women’s Business Centre.
The college is using funding from Europe to support local enterprises and to advise residents on how to put their ideas into practise.
Baroness Hanham said: “In a part of London with 70% unemployment, it is essential to support initiatives which help tackle this.
“I was delighted to be able to see these projects in Newham.”
You may also want to watch:
The Minister saw the college’s Discovery Lab which is running a ‘Showcasing Innovation’ project to use new technology to help small businesses.
She later met female entrepreneurs at the Women’s Business Centre to talk about their ‘Innovate Her’ project.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
Newham College also used the funding to buy the Fashion and Textile Museum in Bermondsey.