Local entrepreneurs praised by visiting Baroness
ENTERPRISING RESIDENTS were praised by Baroness Hanham when she visited Newham College last week.
The Communities Minister saw the impressive work that the East Ham Campus has been doing to kick start local businesses, including the UK’s first Women’s Business Centre.
The college is using funding from Europe to support local enterprises and to advise residents on how to put their ideas into practise.
Baroness Hanham said: “In a part of London with 70% unemployment, it is essential to support initiatives which help tackle this.
“I was delighted to be able to see these projects in Newham.”
The Minister saw the college’s Discovery Lab which is running a ‘Showcasing Innovation’ project to use new technology to help small businesses.
She later met female entrepreneurs at the Women’s Business Centre to talk about their ‘Innovate Her’ project.
- 1 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 2 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 3 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 6 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
Newham College also used the funding to buy the Fashion and Textile Museum in Bermondsey.