Local entrepreneurs praised by visiting Baroness
ENTERPRISING RESIDENTS were praised by Baroness Hanham when she visited Newham College last week.
The Communities Minister saw the impressive work that the East Ham Campus has been doing to kick start local businesses, including the UK’s first Women’s Business Centre.
The college is using funding from Europe to support local enterprises and to advise residents on how to put their ideas into practise.
Baroness Hanham said: “In a part of London with 70% unemployment, it is essential to support initiatives which help tackle this.
“I was delighted to be able to see these projects in Newham.”
You may also want to watch:
The Minister saw the college’s Discovery Lab which is running a ‘Showcasing Innovation’ project to use new technology to help small businesses.
She later met female entrepreneurs at the Women’s Business Centre to talk about their ‘Innovate Her’ project.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 9 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
Newham College also used the funding to buy the Fashion and Textile Museum in Bermondsey.