Little Ilford students help build new school
- Credit: Little Ilford School
How many students can say they helped to build their school?
Well, a group from Little Ilford can after they were offered work experience with the firm constructing the new school building.
Wates Construction are set to complete the long-awaited project next year, which will see 1,350 students and 200 staff relocate to a new building on the Browning Road, Little Ilford, site.
During their placement, the youngsters were given a tour of the new site and learnt about the various different roles in the industry.
Project leader Peter Craigie said: “Where possible Wates Construction actively encourages schools where we are working to send students to us for work experience.
You may also want to watch:
“The Little Ilford School students that attended work experience were a credit to the school, with their willingness to learn about the construction industry, politeness and time-keeping.”
The original Little Ilford School was built in 1957 but has since been labelled as not fit for purpose.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 4 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
The new school will feature modern classrooms, performance areas, grass pitches and a multi-use games area.