Little drummer boys and girls of E13
There were little drummer boys and girls a plenty when primary school children made some noise to celebrate a music project.
Schools from the E13 Learning Community (LC) gathered together at Curwen Primary School in Atlas Road to bang the drum for the end of the first year and beginning of the second year of the Jigaree project.
Simon Vincent, E13 LC community business & learning manager, said: “It was a rip roaring end to a great first year - and a great way to launch Jigaree’s second year too!”
Led by Marie Da Silva, of community singing project Vocal Breakthrough, and African drum group, Drum Jam, more than 50 children sang and danced through the repertoire they have learnt at the Jigaree sessions.
Three partner schools in the E13 LC group (Plaistow, Cleves and Curwen) have hosted the music sessions this school year and they are set to be joined by Portway, Selwyn and Southern Road in May.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit the E13 LC website at www.e13LC.org or call 020 8548 5620.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum