GCSE results: Lister Community School headteacher says pupils have ‘great future’
- Credit: Lister Community School
The headteacher of Lister Community School has said GCSE pupils have a “great future ahead of them” after receiving their grades.
Three pupils achieved seven 9s each among their results, with others also picking up a handful of top marks.
These included Abdulkadir Dalib and head boy Faris Qureshi, who both achieved seven 9s and four 8s.
Jayden Aranas achieved seven 9s, two 8s and one 7, while Habibul Salik achieved six 9s and four 8s and Najih Muadhun achieved five 9s, four 8s and one 6.
Headteacher Anthony Wilson said “These young people have missed out on many of the experiences of their last year in school, but we are so relieved that they have the results they deserve.
You may also want to watch:
“They are a fantastic and positive group, and have a great future ahead of them, and we hope they can all celebrate today.”
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation