GCSE results: Lister Community School headteacher says pupils have ‘great future’
- Credit: Lister Community School
The headteacher of Lister Community School has said GCSE pupils have a “great future ahead of them” after receiving their grades.
Three pupils achieved seven 9s each among their results, with others also picking up a handful of top marks.
These included Abdulkadir Dalib and head boy Faris Qureshi, who both achieved seven 9s and four 8s.
Jayden Aranas achieved seven 9s, two 8s and one 7, while Habibul Salik achieved six 9s and four 8s and Najih Muadhun achieved five 9s, four 8s and one 6.
Headteacher Anthony Wilson said “These young people have missed out on many of the experiences of their last year in school, but we are so relieved that they have the results they deserve.
You may also want to watch:
“They are a fantastic and positive group, and have a great future ahead of them, and we hope they can all celebrate today.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 8 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 9 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home