GCSE results: Lister Community School headteacher says pupils have ‘great future’
- Credit: Lister Community School
The headteacher of Lister Community School has said GCSE pupils have a “great future ahead of them” after receiving their grades.
Three pupils achieved seven 9s each among their results, with others also picking up a handful of top marks.
These included Abdulkadir Dalib and head boy Faris Qureshi, who both achieved seven 9s and four 8s.
Jayden Aranas achieved seven 9s, two 8s and one 7, while Habibul Salik achieved six 9s and four 8s and Najih Muadhun achieved five 9s, four 8s and one 6.
Headteacher Anthony Wilson said “These young people have missed out on many of the experiences of their last year in school, but we are so relieved that they have the results they deserve.
You may also want to watch:
“They are a fantastic and positive group, and have a great future ahead of them, and we hope they can all celebrate today.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 We're not promising anything we can't deliver says West Ham boss David Moyes