GCSE results: Lister Community School celebrating improved grades
- Credit: Lister Community School
Lister Community School is celebrating after its GCSE pupils outperformed their predecessors.
The school secured a provisional attainment 8 score - marking how well pupils did in eight subjects - of 48.88, up from 46.07 last year.
A contributing factor was the number of students achieving a strong pass - 5 or above - in English and maths.
In English, 70pc got a strong pass, with 85pc reaching the standard pass threshold - 4 or above.
In maths, 45.6pc got a strong pass with 64.7pc getting a standard pass.
You may also want to watch:
Top achievers include Tehreem Fatima, who got seven 9s and four 8s, and Shumit Sadhukha, who scooped seven 9s and two 8s.
Meanwhile Nadia Khan, Harun Shekoni and Sonali Chaggar picked up four 9s apiece.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 9 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
Headteacher Anthony Wilson said: "we are delighted with the results of our students.
"Our continuing success shows that students can thrive in a genuinely inclusive school which values academic success and also provides a broad curriculum and has a strong sense of community."