GCSE results: Lister Community School celebrating improved grades
- Credit: Lister Community School
Lister Community School is celebrating after its GCSE pupils outperformed their predecessors.
The school secured a provisional attainment 8 score - marking how well pupils did in eight subjects - of 48.88, up from 46.07 last year.
A contributing factor was the number of students achieving a strong pass - 5 or above - in English and maths.
In English, 70pc got a strong pass, with 85pc reaching the standard pass threshold - 4 or above.
In maths, 45.6pc got a strong pass with 64.7pc getting a standard pass.
Top achievers include Tehreem Fatima, who got seven 9s and four 8s, and Shumit Sadhukha, who scooped seven 9s and two 8s.
Meanwhile Nadia Khan, Harun Shekoni and Sonali Chaggar picked up four 9s apiece.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 6 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 10 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
Headteacher Anthony Wilson said: "we are delighted with the results of our students.
"Our continuing success shows that students can thrive in a genuinely inclusive school which values academic success and also provides a broad curriculum and has a strong sense of community."