GCSE results: Lister Community School celebrating improved grades
- Credit: Lister Community School
Lister Community School is celebrating after its GCSE pupils outperformed their predecessors.
The school secured a provisional attainment 8 score - marking how well pupils did in eight subjects - of 48.88, up from 46.07 last year.
A contributing factor was the number of students achieving a strong pass - 5 or above - in English and maths.
In English, 70pc got a strong pass, with 85pc reaching the standard pass threshold - 4 or above.
In maths, 45.6pc got a strong pass with 64.7pc getting a standard pass.
You may also want to watch:
Top achievers include Tehreem Fatima, who got seven 9s and four 8s, and Shumit Sadhukha, who scooped seven 9s and two 8s.
Meanwhile Nadia Khan, Harun Shekoni and Sonali Chaggar picked up four 9s apiece.
- 1 Plans for new West Ham Park playground approved
- 2 Air ambulance lands in East Ham
- 3 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 4 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 5 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 10 West Ham United light up London Stadium for Holocaust Memorial Day 2021
Headteacher Anthony Wilson said: "we are delighted with the results of our students.
"Our continuing success shows that students can thrive in a genuinely inclusive school which values academic success and also provides a broad curriculum and has a strong sense of community."