GCSE results: Lister Community School celebrating improved grades
- Credit: Lister Community School
Lister Community School is celebrating after its GCSE pupils outperformed their predecessors.
The school secured a provisional attainment 8 score - marking how well pupils did in eight subjects - of 48.88, up from 46.07 last year.
A contributing factor was the number of students achieving a strong pass - 5 or above - in English and maths.
In English, 70pc got a strong pass, with 85pc reaching the standard pass threshold - 4 or above.
In maths, 45.6pc got a strong pass with 64.7pc getting a standard pass.
You may also want to watch:
Top achievers include Tehreem Fatima, who got seven 9s and four 8s, and Shumit Sadhukha, who scooped seven 9s and two 8s.
Meanwhile Nadia Khan, Harun Shekoni and Sonali Chaggar picked up four 9s apiece.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 9 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
Headteacher Anthony Wilson said: "we are delighted with the results of our students.
"Our continuing success shows that students can thrive in a genuinely inclusive school which values academic success and also provides a broad curriculum and has a strong sense of community."