GCSE results: Hundreds of top grades at Lister Community School
- Credit: Lister Community School
Lister Community School pupils achieved some outstanding grades in their GCSEs, with three earning the top mark in 10 subjects.
In total, 193 9 grades, 214 8s and and 308 7s were awarded across the cohort at the school in St Mary's Road, Plaistow.
Taslima Begum and Mihal Rahman both achieved a 9 in 10 GCSEs plus an eight, while Jahin Ibnath earned 10 9s and a 7.
Seven pupils achieved eight or more 9 grades, 14 earned at least five and 31 were awarded three or more.
Lister headteacher Anthony Wilson said: “We are immensely proud of all the work and achievements of our students, especially after such a difficult and disrupted year.
“Our teachers have worked tirelessly to ensure students are all able to progress onto further education and study, and we look forward to seeing what they will achieve in the future."
Following the cancellation of exams this year, grades were determined through a teacher assessment process, against a national standard and approved and awarded by the exam boards.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 6 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 7 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 8 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 9 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
- 10 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack