GCSE results: Hundreds of top grades at Lister Community School
- Credit: Lister Community School
Lister Community School pupils achieved some outstanding grades in their GCSEs, with three earning the top mark in 10 subjects.
In total, 193 9 grades, 214 8s and and 308 7s were awarded across the cohort at the school in St Mary's Road, Plaistow.
Taslima Begum and Mihal Rahman both achieved a 9 in 10 GCSEs plus an eight, while Jahin Ibnath earned 10 9s and a 7.
Seven pupils achieved eight or more 9 grades, 14 earned at least five and 31 were awarded three or more.
Lister headteacher Anthony Wilson said: “We are immensely proud of all the work and achievements of our students, especially after such a difficult and disrupted year.
You may also want to watch:
“Our teachers have worked tirelessly to ensure students are all able to progress onto further education and study, and we look forward to seeing what they will achieve in the future."
Following the cancellation of exams this year, grades were determined through a teacher assessment process, against a national standard and approved and awarded by the exam boards.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 8 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 9 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa