Exhibition exploring children’s book The Gruffalo launches in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Popular children’s book The Gruffalo is set to be explored at a new exhibition at Discover Children’s Story Centre in Stratford.
It is one of 12 books by author Julia Donaldson and illustrator Axel Scheffler to feature in A World Inside a Book: Gruffalos, Dragons and Other Creatures.
The pair joined children from across the borough to launch the exhibition at the High Street, Stratford centre, which opens on Saturday.
Julia said: “It’s always exciting when someone takes our books in a different direction.
“We’ve had plays and films, and now this imaginative and interactive exhibition.”
You may also want to watch:
Axel added: “Over the years I have always been very happy to visit and support the Discover Children’s Story Centre.
“It is an honour to have my partnership with Julia Donaldson showcased in this immersive, interactive way.”
- 1 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 7 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 8 Newham Council is making a difference
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 Council accused of lacking empathy over Upton Centre homes plan
The exhibition runs until September next year. Visit discover.org.uk for more information and to book.