Exhibition exploring children’s book The Gruffalo launches in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Popular children’s book The Gruffalo is set to be explored at a new exhibition at Discover Children’s Story Centre in Stratford.
It is one of 12 books by author Julia Donaldson and illustrator Axel Scheffler to feature in A World Inside a Book: Gruffalos, Dragons and Other Creatures.
The pair joined children from across the borough to launch the exhibition at the High Street, Stratford centre, which opens on Saturday.
Julia said: “It’s always exciting when someone takes our books in a different direction.
“We’ve had plays and films, and now this imaginative and interactive exhibition.”
Axel added: “Over the years I have always been very happy to visit and support the Discover Children’s Story Centre.
“It is an honour to have my partnership with Julia Donaldson showcased in this immersive, interactive way.”
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 3 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 4 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 5 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 6 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 7 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 8 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
The exhibition runs until September next year. Visit discover.org.uk for more information and to book.