Hero themed writing workshop for budding young authors in Canning Town
- Credit: Archant
Canning Town Explore Learning Centre is hosting a marvellous writing workshop on Tuesday in conjunction with the National Young Writers’ Awards.
As the theme of this year’s awards is heroes, local hero nurse Lynn Willbourne from Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity will be dropping in to meet the budding auteurs.
Lynn spends every day caring for seriously ill children and supporting their parents, so will be sure to provide plenty of inspiration to the children.
Charlotte Gater, head of curriculum at Explore Learning, said: “We can’t wait to read what children put together along this year’s theme of heroes – whether that’s a hero with superpowers or an everyday hero like a parent, a firefighter, paramedic or teacher.”
The National Young Writers’ Awards has been running for 10 years, and this year the judge is David Walliams.
You may also want to watch:
The workshop is suitable for children aged four to 14, and runs from 6.30 - 8pm.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford