Hero themed writing workshop for budding young authors in Canning Town
- Credit: Archant
Canning Town Explore Learning Centre is hosting a marvellous writing workshop on Tuesday in conjunction with the National Young Writers’ Awards.
As the theme of this year’s awards is heroes, local hero nurse Lynn Willbourne from Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity will be dropping in to meet the budding auteurs.
Lynn spends every day caring for seriously ill children and supporting their parents, so will be sure to provide plenty of inspiration to the children.
Charlotte Gater, head of curriculum at Explore Learning, said: “We can’t wait to read what children put together along this year’s theme of heroes – whether that’s a hero with superpowers or an everyday hero like a parent, a firefighter, paramedic or teacher.”
The National Young Writers’ Awards has been running for 10 years, and this year the judge is David Walliams.
You may also want to watch:
The workshop is suitable for children aged four to 14, and runs from 6.30 - 8pm.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 3 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 4 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 5 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 6 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 7 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 8 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 9 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick