Hero themed writing workshop for budding young authors in Canning Town
- Credit: Archant
Canning Town Explore Learning Centre is hosting a marvellous writing workshop on Tuesday in conjunction with the National Young Writers’ Awards.
As the theme of this year’s awards is heroes, local hero nurse Lynn Willbourne from Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity will be dropping in to meet the budding auteurs.
Lynn spends every day caring for seriously ill children and supporting their parents, so will be sure to provide plenty of inspiration to the children.
Charlotte Gater, head of curriculum at Explore Learning, said: “We can’t wait to read what children put together along this year’s theme of heroes – whether that’s a hero with superpowers or an everyday hero like a parent, a firefighter, paramedic or teacher.”
The National Young Writers’ Awards has been running for 10 years, and this year the judge is David Walliams.
You may also want to watch:
The workshop is suitable for children aged four to 14, and runs from 6.30 - 8pm.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham