Headteacher ‘very privileged’ to take over at Stratford school
- Credit: Newham CST
The new headteacher of Sarah Bonnell School has pledged to build on the success of her predecessor.
Rae Potter has been appointed to the top position at the Deanery Road, Stratford school, taking over from Sarah Jacobs, who was at the school for 10 years and has now become the chief executive officer at Newham Community Schools Trust.
The trust is a new partnership between three of the borough’s schools – Sarah Bonnell, Rokeby and Lister.
Ms Potter, previously associate headteacher at Clapton Girls’ Academy in Hackney, said: “I feel very privileged to be joining a school with so many strengths, and to be taking on the mantle from Sarah.
“I am looking forward to working with the whole school community, building on the success of the students both here and within the Newham Community Schools Trust.
You may also want to watch:
“Sarah Bonnell, like Lister Community and Rokeby, is an excellent school, and working as part of the new academy trust will only help it become even better.”
Ms Potter’s appointment has been welcomed by the girls’ school’s chair of governors, Paul Leslie.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 6 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
He said: “We know that Rae will be a brilliant fit for our school, its values and ethos, and is a worthy successor to Sarah, who has led Sarah Bonnell so wonderfully for the last decade.
“We look forward to building on our success under Rae’s leadership in the coming years as the school flourishes as part of the Newham Community Schools Trust.
“Rae’s appointment will help ensure our students maximise their learning outcomes and progress at Sarah Bonnell, and governors are confident we have the right leadership to move from good to outstanding.”