Got a good degree, now to getting a job.
THOUSANDS of graduates, armed with their recently acquired degrees will be heading off to this year’s autumn jobs fair.
The free 2010 Autumn Graduate Fair at ExCeL exhibition centre in Custom House has been organised by Prospects Events to help graduates and students find careers and job opportunities.
The event, which will take place on Thursday October 28, will feature representatives from Abercrombie & Fitch, Accenture Technology Solutions, Arriva, AXA UK, Bloomberg, The Body Shop, The British Army, Centrica, Civil Service Fast Stream, E.ON UK Plc, Ernst and Young, GCHQ - Government Communications Headquarters, HP, HSBC, IBM, KPMG, Lonza Biologics Plc, Marks and Spencer, Morgan McKinley, RBS and Stemcor Ltd. They will be looking to find candidates for their graduate schemes and internship placements.
Aimed at graduates the event has been developed over the last ten years and showcases some of the UK’s premier graduate employers.
The move towards internships as a structured work experience scheme led Prospects Events, organisers of the Graduate Events series, to launch the National Internship Fair which will run alongside the Autumn Graduate Fair. This will allow students to target specific opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Staff from The CV Centre will be on hand giving half hourly seminars and top tips on how to make CVs the most effective job application tool. They will be giving free CV appraisals and offering services to improve your CVs.
Seminars include the art of succeeding in the graduate assessment process with Philip Wilson, Chief Psychologist and Head of Fast Stream Marketing; How to get a job in the increasingly tough graduate market with KPMG; Getting the most out of Monster - from career advice to job hunting; talks on starting your own business with Tim Campbell; and Networking and goal setting to achieve with Mark Covell, Olympic Sailor & Silver Medallist.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 4 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Campaigners fear Newham City Farm site will become 'another green space'
The Autumn Graduate Fair and the National Internship Fair are free and you can pre-register to get fast track entry and the latest information at www.autumngradfair.co.uk.
The doors open at 11am and last visitor entry is at 3.45pm.