Go Red, get your heart MOT.
Health conscious residents have the chance to have a heart MOT, courtesy of the NHS.
The Newham Cardiac Rehabilitation Team will be out and about offering Newham residents the opportunity to have a cardiac check-up on Friday.
The team, which is part of East London NHS Foundation Trust, has teamed up with the British Heart Foundation’s Red for Heart campaign to raise awareness of heart disease.
As part of the campaign, school children, adults, celebrities, everyone - is urged to wear red for the day to mark the importance of this potentially life limiting condition.
The team will be based at the Health Shop in ‘The Centre’ in Manor Park and can offer expert advice and information on your cholesterol, blood pressure, Body Mass Index (BMI), pulse, blood glucose, exercise, diet and general health.
You may also want to watch:
The team will be available from 10.00am to 3.00pm and will be waiting to see you.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses