Go Red, get your heart MOT.
Health conscious residents have the chance to have a heart MOT, courtesy of the NHS.
The Newham Cardiac Rehabilitation Team will be out and about offering Newham residents the opportunity to have a cardiac check-up on Friday.
The team, which is part of East London NHS Foundation Trust, has teamed up with the British Heart Foundation’s Red for Heart campaign to raise awareness of heart disease.
As part of the campaign, school children, adults, celebrities, everyone - is urged to wear red for the day to mark the importance of this potentially life limiting condition.
The team will be based at the Health Shop in ‘The Centre’ in Manor Park and can offer expert advice and information on your cholesterol, blood pressure, Body Mass Index (BMI), pulse, blood glucose, exercise, diet and general health.
You may also want to watch:
The team will be available from 10.00am to 3.00pm and will be waiting to see you.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 3 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 4 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 5 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 6 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 7 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 8 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 9 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick