Go Red, get your heart MOT.
Health conscious residents have the chance to have a heart MOT, courtesy of the NHS.
The Newham Cardiac Rehabilitation Team will be out and about offering Newham residents the opportunity to have a cardiac check-up on Friday.
The team, which is part of East London NHS Foundation Trust, has teamed up with the British Heart Foundation’s Red for Heart campaign to raise awareness of heart disease.
As part of the campaign, school children, adults, celebrities, everyone - is urged to wear red for the day to mark the importance of this potentially life limiting condition.
The team will be based at the Health Shop in ‘The Centre’ in Manor Park and can offer expert advice and information on your cholesterol, blood pressure, Body Mass Index (BMI), pulse, blood glucose, exercise, diet and general health.
You may also want to watch:
The team will be available from 10.00am to 3.00pm and will be waiting to see you.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k