GCSEs: Science success for Manor Park’s Little Ilford School
- Credit: Archant
Science may be an increasingly unpopular choice nationally but students at Little Ilford School gained a heap of top grades in the subject.
Around 77 per cent of students achieved the gold standard A* to C grade for core science, 85 per cent for additional science, and 100 per cent in single science subjects despite a national fall in figures by 7 per cent.
Brainy students also bucked the national trend in maths with 76 per cent gaining top grades.
Despite most students entering the school in Browning Road, Manor Park, with attainment below the national average, 60 per cent of Year 11s achieved A* to C grades compared with 71 per cent last year, reflecting a fall in grades nationally.
One success story was Galal Imtiaz who gained eight A*s, two As, and a Distinction.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I made sure I read every day, anything I didn’t understand in class, I researched further at home, I am so happy that all of the hard work has finally paid off.”
The highest achieving girl at the school was Yoshna Mepani with seven A*s, three As, a Distinction and a C in additional maths.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
She said: “The exams were really tough, but I had a lot of support from staff to help me through it all.”
Headteacher Ian Wilson added: “I am delighted for the students that have worked so hard.
“This represents the culmination of five. years of hard work.”