GCSEs: Headteacher of Beckton’s Kingsford Community School ‘so proud’
- Credit: Archant
Year 11 students at Kingsford Community School were celebrating their GCSE results as 96 per cent of pupils scooped five A* to C grades.
When essential English and maths subjects were added into the equation, 69 per cent of students at the school in Kingsford Way, Beckton, reached the gold standard.
Outstanding pupils Albert Cobham and Remya Salimkumar secured scholarships worth £50,000 to study at Brighton College, partners with Kingsford, and they will begin his A-level studies there from September.
Joan Deslandes, headteacher, said: “I am very proud of our students and their achievements this summer; they have worked extremely hard and have been very positive, both in their studies and in their contributions to the life of the school.
“The high attainment of the students and their outstanding progress reflects the hard work of both staff and students.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been many outstanding individual achievements but what matters most is the progress of each student.
“My congratulations go to the students and my gratitude to the teachers and parents who have supported them so well in their preparations for these examinations.””
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Flying Hammers face testing week with games coming thick and fast