GCSEs: Headteacher of Beckton’s Kingsford Community School ‘so proud’
- Credit: Archant
Year 11 students at Kingsford Community School were celebrating their GCSE results as 96 per cent of pupils scooped five A* to C grades.
When essential English and maths subjects were added into the equation, 69 per cent of students at the school in Kingsford Way, Beckton, reached the gold standard.
Outstanding pupils Albert Cobham and Remya Salimkumar secured scholarships worth £50,000 to study at Brighton College, partners with Kingsford, and they will begin his A-level studies there from September.
Joan Deslandes, headteacher, said: “I am very proud of our students and their achievements this summer; they have worked extremely hard and have been very positive, both in their studies and in their contributions to the life of the school.
“The high attainment of the students and their outstanding progress reflects the hard work of both staff and students.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been many outstanding individual achievements but what matters most is the progress of each student.
“My congratulations go to the students and my gratitude to the teachers and parents who have supported them so well in their preparations for these examinations.””
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 8 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 9 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0