GCSEs: Headteacher of Beckton’s Kingsford Community School ‘so proud’
- Credit: Archant
Year 11 students at Kingsford Community School were celebrating their GCSE results as 96 per cent of pupils scooped five A* to C grades.
When essential English and maths subjects were added into the equation, 69 per cent of students at the school in Kingsford Way, Beckton, reached the gold standard.
Outstanding pupils Albert Cobham and Remya Salimkumar secured scholarships worth £50,000 to study at Brighton College, partners with Kingsford, and they will begin his A-level studies there from September.
Joan Deslandes, headteacher, said: “I am very proud of our students and their achievements this summer; they have worked extremely hard and have been very positive, both in their studies and in their contributions to the life of the school.
“The high attainment of the students and their outstanding progress reflects the hard work of both staff and students.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been many outstanding individual achievements but what matters most is the progress of each student.
“My congratulations go to the students and my gratitude to the teachers and parents who have supported them so well in their preparations for these examinations.””
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 3 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station