GCSEs: Hard work pays of for improved student at St Bonaventure’s School in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
Hard work has paid of for a St Bonaventure’s student who has jumped two grades since first coming to the school in Forest Gate.
Adrian Polius, was almost speechless, when he opened his GCSE envelope to find out he had achieved four A*s, six As and one C.
Head teacher Paul Halliwell said: “Adrian has worked really hard to achieve the best of his ability.
“When he came hear in year six he was at the equivalent of a B grade, now he has advanced to A*s.
“He is very driven and knows this is the gateway to success in the future.”
After Adrian had a chance to absorb his results, he said: “I had not expected this many A*s and As.”
- 1 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 2 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies