Gallions Primary delights Beckton shoppers with dance moves
Beckton children took part in a national dance event to express their Olympic hopes as part of the London 2012 Festival.
Pupils at Gallions Reach Primary School threw some of their best moves at Gallions Reach Retail Park in aid of Big Dance 2012.
The event was one of thousands taking place across the UK in all sorts of locations – lidos, parks, palaces, schools, high streets and squares – in all dance styles, as part of the London 2012 Festival, the culmination of the cultural Olympiad.
The children gathered at the retail hub in Armada Way to delight shoppers with dance moves inspired by their Olympic hopes and dreams.
As part of a week-long arts festival at Gallions Primary, the children held an art exhibition featuring work of pupils past and present, as well as teachers’ art and professional pieces.
You may also want to watch:
They also held an Olympic Food Tasting Event, a Dance Evening, a lunchtime musical concert, and a Journey Through Olympic Countries featuring presentations from each year group of their 2012 Games projects.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR