Gallions Primary delights Beckton shoppers with dance moves
Beckton children took part in a national dance event to express their Olympic hopes as part of the London 2012 Festival.
Pupils at Gallions Reach Primary School threw some of their best moves at Gallions Reach Retail Park in aid of Big Dance 2012.
The event was one of thousands taking place across the UK in all sorts of locations – lidos, parks, palaces, schools, high streets and squares – in all dance styles, as part of the London 2012 Festival, the culmination of the cultural Olympiad.
The children gathered at the retail hub in Armada Way to delight shoppers with dance moves inspired by their Olympic hopes and dreams.
As part of a week-long arts festival at Gallions Primary, the children held an art exhibition featuring work of pupils past and present, as well as teachers’ art and professional pieces.
You may also want to watch:
They also held an Olympic Food Tasting Event, a Dance Evening, a lunchtime musical concert, and a Journey Through Olympic Countries featuring presentations from each year group of their 2012 Games projects.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa