Gallions Primary delights Beckton shoppers with dance moves
Beckton children took part in a national dance event to express their Olympic hopes as part of the London 2012 Festival.
Pupils at Gallions Reach Primary School threw some of their best moves at Gallions Reach Retail Park in aid of Big Dance 2012.
The event was one of thousands taking place across the UK in all sorts of locations – lidos, parks, palaces, schools, high streets and squares – in all dance styles, as part of the London 2012 Festival, the culmination of the cultural Olympiad.
The children gathered at the retail hub in Armada Way to delight shoppers with dance moves inspired by their Olympic hopes and dreams.
As part of a week-long arts festival at Gallions Primary, the children held an art exhibition featuring work of pupils past and present, as well as teachers’ art and professional pieces.
You may also want to watch:
They also held an Olympic Food Tasting Event, a Dance Evening, a lunchtime musical concert, and a Journey Through Olympic Countries featuring presentations from each year group of their 2012 Games projects.
- 1 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 2 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 6 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 School in Stratford unveils mural tribute to Marcus Rashford