Free River Lea boat trip for winners of poster competition
- Credit: Archant
Creative youngsters could win a free boat trip along the River Lea for their class.
To celebrate the launch of community boat The River Princess, the Gasworks Dock Partnership at Cody Dock are inviting pupils to design a poster to promote the new boat service.
Schools from Newham and Tower Hamlets can take part, and five winning artists will win their school a free boat trip along the River Lea for up to 80 people.
The poster should celebrate the River Lea in some way, whether that is its history, ecology or the activities the community boat will be delivering.
Entries can be made using any medium, and the closing date is Sunday, March 25.
You may also want to watch:
The winning designs will be used as promotional material for the boat service and also be displayed as part of an exhibition during the summer.
For more information, including how to register your school, visit gasworksdock.org.uk
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder