Free River Lea boat trip for winners of poster competition
- Credit: Archant
Creative youngsters could win a free boat trip along the River Lea for their class.
To celebrate the launch of community boat The River Princess, the Gasworks Dock Partnership at Cody Dock are inviting pupils to design a poster to promote the new boat service.
Schools from Newham and Tower Hamlets can take part, and five winning artists will win their school a free boat trip along the River Lea for up to 80 people.
The poster should celebrate the River Lea in some way, whether that is its history, ecology or the activities the community boat will be delivering.
Entries can be made using any medium, and the closing date is Sunday, March 25.
You may also want to watch:
The winning designs will be used as promotional material for the boat service and also be displayed as part of an exhibition during the summer.
For more information, including how to register your school, visit gasworksdock.org.uk
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed