Forest Gate school training the teachers of tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
A secondary school has launched on the job teacher training courses for people hoping to pursue a career in the classroom.
St Angela’s Ursuline is offering the School Direct training programme, which is open to both top graduates and career changers, offering talented individuals the chance to be part of a teaching team from day one.
Successful candidates will be eligible for tax free bursaries of up to £25,000 - or a salary - as well as the chance to train alongside experienced teachers.
Jeremy Julian, director of the teaching school said: “If you want to help children in your area to realise their ambitions, inspire local children to fulfil their potential then we want to hear from you.
“We are looking for applications from people who have the potential to be brilliant teachers.
You may also want to watch:
“Working in partnership with the top London universities, School Direct allows us to customise the training to meet the needs of both the school and the trainees, who gain practical experience from day one.
“It is a great way to learn and qualify to become a teacher and many successful candidates quickly progress into leadership positions.”
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
There’s plenty of support for potential candidates, too.
The National College for Teaching and Leadership is on hand to help talented people through the application process.