Forest Gate school training the teachers of tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
A secondary school has launched on the job teacher training courses for people hoping to pursue a career in the classroom.
St Angela’s Ursuline is offering the School Direct training programme, which is open to both top graduates and career changers, offering talented individuals the chance to be part of a teaching team from day one.
Successful candidates will be eligible for tax free bursaries of up to £25,000 - or a salary - as well as the chance to train alongside experienced teachers.
Jeremy Julian, director of the teaching school said: “If you want to help children in your area to realise their ambitions, inspire local children to fulfil their potential then we want to hear from you.
“We are looking for applications from people who have the potential to be brilliant teachers.
You may also want to watch:
“Working in partnership with the top London universities, School Direct allows us to customise the training to meet the needs of both the school and the trainees, who gain practical experience from day one.
“It is a great way to learn and qualify to become a teacher and many successful candidates quickly progress into leadership positions.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
There’s plenty of support for potential candidates, too.
The National College for Teaching and Leadership is on hand to help talented people through the application process.