Forest Gate school children enjoy footie session with former England star Stuart Pearce
- Credit: Archant
Footie lovers at Sandringham Primary got top tips from former England player Stuart Pearce, MBE, who gave them an exclusive training session during a visit to their school.
Stuart, a former England national team football player and under-21 coach, shared his tips to help children understand the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
The exclusive session with Stuart formed part of a Chewits Sports Course, one of thousands that run daily during school holidays across the country. In conjunction with Premier Sport, Chewits created the courses to provide children with fun sporting activities, while educating them about the importance of exercise as part of a balanced lifestyle.
The children at Sandringham Primary took part in a Q&A session with Stuart, where he demonstrated the importance of sport in his life and the role it could play in theirs to maintain a healthy regime. This was followed by an exciting football skills activity delivered by the star himself, with the help of experienced Premier Sport coaches.
Stuart, who is an ambassador for Chewits Sports Courses, said: “It’s crucial for children to understand the importance of a healthy lifestyle and to stay active by participating in sport all year round. Chewits Sports Courses provide children with the opportunity to play organised sport even when away from school.”
You may also want to watch:
Stuart has a wealth of sporting knowledge during his career as a professional football player. Playing as a defender, Stuart appeared for Wealdstone, Coventry City, Newcastle United, West Ham United and Manchester City, but is best known for his spell at Nottingham Forest, where he regularly captained the team and is about to start his new role as manager. Stuart won a staggering 78 caps playing for England and reached the semi-finals of the World Cup in 1990, the closest England have come since winning in 1966.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k