Forest Gate pupils win enterprise award for heat-sensitive mug idea
- Credit: Archant
Year 10 students at St Bonaventure’s RC School have had an adventurous week winning awards and watching German films.
The enterprising Forest Gate pupils were presented with a crystal trophy at the University College London (UCL) Company of the Year Awards for winning in the Best Presentation category.
Students formed a Young Enterprise company called Genesis to compete against five other schools for the title in the Outer East London Finals.
Judges thought their pitch to develop a mug that changed its appearance when hot water is added was the best on the day.
Another seven pupils studying German GCSE in Year 10 were also invited to the British film premiere of “Gold” at The Goethe Institute in South Kensington.
You may also want to watch:
The German film follows the lives of three athletes in the run up to the 2012 Paralympic Games in London.
The trip was organised by language teacher Susan Mair Pritchard who said: “I was really proud as their questions showed maturity and understanding and will really have helped them with their final exams next year.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 10 We're not promising anything we can't deliver says West Ham boss David Moyes