Forest Gate pupils win enterprise award for heat-sensitive mug idea
- Credit: Archant
Year 10 students at St Bonaventure’s RC School have had an adventurous week winning awards and watching German films.
The enterprising Forest Gate pupils were presented with a crystal trophy at the University College London (UCL) Company of the Year Awards for winning in the Best Presentation category.
Students formed a Young Enterprise company called Genesis to compete against five other schools for the title in the Outer East London Finals.
Judges thought their pitch to develop a mug that changed its appearance when hot water is added was the best on the day.
Another seven pupils studying German GCSE in Year 10 were also invited to the British film premiere of “Gold” at The Goethe Institute in South Kensington.
You may also want to watch:
The German film follows the lives of three athletes in the run up to the 2012 Paralympic Games in London.
The trip was organised by language teacher Susan Mair Pritchard who said: “I was really proud as their questions showed maturity and understanding and will really have helped them with their final exams next year.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections