Forest Gate pupils win enterprise award for heat-sensitive mug idea
- Credit: Archant
Year 10 students at St Bonaventure’s RC School have had an adventurous week winning awards and watching German films.
The enterprising Forest Gate pupils were presented with a crystal trophy at the University College London (UCL) Company of the Year Awards for winning in the Best Presentation category.
Students formed a Young Enterprise company called Genesis to compete against five other schools for the title in the Outer East London Finals.
Judges thought their pitch to develop a mug that changed its appearance when hot water is added was the best on the day.
Another seven pupils studying German GCSE in Year 10 were also invited to the British film premiere of “Gold” at The Goethe Institute in South Kensington.
You may also want to watch:
The German film follows the lives of three athletes in the run up to the 2012 Paralympic Games in London.
The trip was organised by language teacher Susan Mair Pritchard who said: “I was really proud as their questions showed maturity and understanding and will really have helped them with their final exams next year.”
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals