Forest Gate Community School set for expansion
- Credit: Archant
Forest Gate Community School is set to expand to cater for an additional 300 pupils.
Extra space will be created through a refurbishment of the Forest Lane, Forest Gate school’s interior.
The plans will see it go from having seven forms of entry to nine – rising to a total of 1,350 pupils – starting with the Year 7 admission in September 2019.
Headteacher Simon Elliott said “The proposed extension to the school will address an urgent need for high quality school places in the borough.
“Among our many achievements, I am most proud that disadvantaged pupils do better than non-disadvantaged pupils at other schools.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been able to deliver life-changing opportunities for young people who often come from challenging backgrounds.
“This extension means the school will be able to support even more families in our wonderfully diverse community.”
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Stratford dance and music hub gets £700k boost
Both planning consent and mayoral approval still need to be gained before any work can go ahead.