Forest Gate Community School set for expansion
- Credit: Archant
Forest Gate Community School is set to expand to cater for an additional 300 pupils.
Extra space will be created through a refurbishment of the Forest Lane, Forest Gate school’s interior.
The plans will see it go from having seven forms of entry to nine – rising to a total of 1,350 pupils – starting with the Year 7 admission in September 2019.
Headteacher Simon Elliott said “The proposed extension to the school will address an urgent need for high quality school places in the borough.
“Among our many achievements, I am most proud that disadvantaged pupils do better than non-disadvantaged pupils at other schools.
“We have been able to deliver life-changing opportunities for young people who often come from challenging backgrounds.
“This extension means the school will be able to support even more families in our wonderfully diverse community.”
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 5 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
Both planning consent and mayoral approval still need to be gained before any work can go ahead.