Forest Gate Community School set for expansion
- Credit: Archant
Forest Gate Community School is set to expand to cater for an additional 300 pupils.
Extra space will be created through a refurbishment of the Forest Lane, Forest Gate school’s interior.
The plans will see it go from having seven forms of entry to nine – rising to a total of 1,350 pupils – starting with the Year 7 admission in September 2019.
Headteacher Simon Elliott said “The proposed extension to the school will address an urgent need for high quality school places in the borough.
“Among our many achievements, I am most proud that disadvantaged pupils do better than non-disadvantaged pupils at other schools.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been able to deliver life-changing opportunities for young people who often come from challenging backgrounds.
“This extension means the school will be able to support even more families in our wonderfully diverse community.”
- 1 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 7 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 10 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
Both planning consent and mayoral approval still need to be gained before any work can go ahead.