Forest Gate Community School set for expansion
- Credit: Archant
Forest Gate Community School is set to expand to cater for an additional 300 pupils.
Extra space will be created through a refurbishment of the Forest Lane, Forest Gate school’s interior.
The plans will see it go from having seven forms of entry to nine – rising to a total of 1,350 pupils – starting with the Year 7 admission in September 2019.
Headteacher Simon Elliott said “The proposed extension to the school will address an urgent need for high quality school places in the borough.
“Among our many achievements, I am most proud that disadvantaged pupils do better than non-disadvantaged pupils at other schools.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been able to deliver life-changing opportunities for young people who often come from challenging backgrounds.
“This extension means the school will be able to support even more families in our wonderfully diverse community.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Flying Hammers face testing week with games coming thick and fast
Both planning consent and mayoral approval still need to be gained before any work can go ahead.