Forest Gate Community School praised by Ofsted inspectors
- Credit: Archant
Forest Gate Community School has been praised by Ofsted inspectors following a monitoring visit.
The short inspection - which could not result in a change to the school’s rating - found that the school has an “ambitious programme that meets pupils’ needs very well”.
The report, released last week, noted a “clear strategic direction” and “professionalism, expertise and empathy” among senior staff.
Inspectors visited the Forest Lane, Forest Gate school at the end of February.
The school was rated Outstanding following its last full inspection, which took place in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
To improve further, the school was advised to “continue to strengthen the links between different topics and concepts taught across the curriculum in order to deepen pupils’ understanding” and develop staff mentoring skills with less experienced teachers.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 3 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 4 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 5 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 6 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 7 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 8 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff 'disappointed' to lose defender Adam Thompson
- 10 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house