Forest Gate school shortlisted for two education awards
- Credit: Tom Barnes
Forest Gate Community School has been shortlisted for two education awards.
The school, in Forest Lane, is in the running for the TES awards for the best English department and best use of technology.
It is the third time in the last four years the school has been shortlisted, having been nominated in the secondary school of the year category in 2017 and 2019.
Headteacher Thahmina Begum said: “It is a great honour to once again receive a TES nomination, this year for our innovative use of technology and English department.
“We are a school which is always looking at fresh and innovative ways to improve our educational offer to students so it is pleasing to be recognised in this category.
You may also want to watch:
“Equally, our English department has been among the very best in the country for the last five years and have more than justified their inclusion in this shortlist.”
The winners will be announced in a virtual event next month.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection