Sarah Bonnell School to get new dining area and music rooms
- Credit: Saunders
Work is due to begin next year on a new dining area and music department at Sarah Bonnell School.
The two-storey extension, which has received planning permission, is part of the Deanery Road, Stratford school’s plan to accommodate an extra 120 pupils over a five year period.
The work, which will begin in April, will involve extending part of the existing building, enlarging the current dining area then extending upwards.
By putting the music rooms in the new block, they will be away from study areas and will meet acoustic requirements.
Associate director with architects Saunders, Annabel Lait, said: “Sarah Bonnell School was in need of extra space to accommodate more pupils, and with some of the original buildings dating back to 1905, it also in needed of remodelling.
You may also want to watch:
“We have worked with the school to provide a diverse range of spaces that will enhance and provide flexibility for learning and teaching.”
- 1 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 2 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 10 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham