Sarah Bonnell School to get new dining area and music rooms
- Credit: Saunders
Work is due to begin next year on a new dining area and music department at Sarah Bonnell School.
The two-storey extension, which has received planning permission, is part of the Deanery Road, Stratford school’s plan to accommodate an extra 120 pupils over a five year period.
The work, which will begin in April, will involve extending part of the existing building, enlarging the current dining area then extending upwards.
By putting the music rooms in the new block, they will be away from study areas and will meet acoustic requirements.
Associate director with architects Saunders, Annabel Lait, said: “Sarah Bonnell School was in need of extra space to accommodate more pupils, and with some of the original buildings dating back to 1905, it also in needed of remodelling.
You may also want to watch:
“We have worked with the school to provide a diverse range of spaces that will enhance and provide flexibility for learning and teaching.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 6 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 7 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 10 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later