Sarah Bonnell School to get new dining area and music rooms
- Credit: Saunders
Work is due to begin next year on a new dining area and music department at Sarah Bonnell School.
The two-storey extension, which has received planning permission, is part of the Deanery Road, Stratford school’s plan to accommodate an extra 120 pupils over a five year period.
The work, which will begin in April, will involve extending part of the existing building, enlarging the current dining area then extending upwards.
By putting the music rooms in the new block, they will be away from study areas and will meet acoustic requirements.
Associate director with architects Saunders, Annabel Lait, said: “Sarah Bonnell School was in need of extra space to accommodate more pupils, and with some of the original buildings dating back to 1905, it also in needed of remodelling.
You may also want to watch:
“We have worked with the school to provide a diverse range of spaces that will enhance and provide flexibility for learning and teaching.”
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020